Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guitars & pc's

Options
  • 15-01-2007 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi there is just found this site through google,and was thinking about joining my guitar to the pc?

Q)what is the best way to join your guitar to the pc's. i heard a few tips's but am a little bit nerverous about appling guitar to the sound card.has i heard a few rumours of soundcards melting and pc's burning.

my guitar is really a beginners set.
    Yamaha Erg121 with a small amp.
    but i added a few little bits to it. like the KORG Ampworks multi -signal processor.(fx effects are the syles i like : HEAVY METAL)

pc: dual processor amd x2 64 (4800+) 2 gig ram, and Creative labs XFI soundcard -also connected to the Herclues dj console (for midi purposes only)

yes, i know it a starter pack guitar,iv'e been told yamaha make good instruments, so far i have,nt really play it, so i learn throug GP pro 5.1.
    and playing with that.

im a real novice at this sostart from begiinning might be apporiate.eg do i need the amp connected (the bit i nervous about.has i heard soundcards only go so far in db)

picture (erg121- black strat rock)
    Yamaha-ERG121-Black-Electric-Guitar-Strat-Rock-Metal_W0QQitemZ200067023329QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33049QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200067023329#ebayphotohosting

guitar specs:
    Specs:
    Body: Agathis
    Neck: Bolt-on maple
    Fingerboard: Sonokeling, 350mm (13.75”) radius
    Frets: 22
    Scale length: 648mm (25.5”)
    Pickups: One single coil, two humbuckers
    Controls: Five-position pickup selector, master volume, master tone
    Bridge: Vintage-type vibrato (fender style)
    Finish: Black

;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Hypnotoad

I think you'll need to buy an interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Get a Line 6 Guitarport - the fast, cheap, easy way to great sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

or a podxt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Banger

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

I just plug a cable directly into the AUX input on my pc from my amp or pedal. Seems to work fine.

Now that were on the topic, what recording software is good (and free)?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Moved over here.Throw it back if you want mods

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I just plug a cable directly into the AUX input on my pc from my amp or pedal. Seems to work fine.

Now that were on the topic, what recording software is good (and free)?

Directly into the AUX? Hhmm... I'm sure it works but as you progress in recording you'll probably look back and see it as a wek point in your sounds. That said it depends alot on what kind of music you're making and how important the guitar is to it. PODs are a step up sonically.

As for free software. Look no further, Audacity. Highly rated by many and as free as a sunny day.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

Ah yeah, I dont plan on doing any professional recordings or anything like that, I just like making rythym sections/harmonies to record over. Purely for practicing purposes.

Audacity is what I normally use. I was just wondering if there was anything better out there. I find sometimes the timing goes out on it. Its like the tempo of some tracks is slowed down or something. Works fine most of the time though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I think its more of a hardware problem if the timing is going on playback.

Advertisement