Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hmm antec or enermax

Options
  • 15-01-2007 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

ok since this old noise thing is the loudest thing in my pc i wana change psu i was looking at the Antec NeoHE 550W as i can get it of adverts for pritty cheap.

any ideas should i just keep the 1 i have or get the antec ??

also the pc is in my room so need it silent :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

awhir wrote:
    ok since this old noise thing is the loudest thing in my pc i wana change psu i was looking at the Antec NeoHE 550W as i can get it of adverts for pritty cheap.

any ideas should i just keep the 1 i have or get the antec ??

also the pc is in my room so need it silent :eek:

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/neoHE550%20review/conclusion.htm

"
    Conclusion:
    We have been using the Antec Neo HE 550 for about three weeks now, and it has been put to stress a lot during this time. Powering an overclocked A64, a 12v water cooling kit, several hard drives and optical units. Never once did we experience any issues with this unit. It doesn’t have many bells and whistles like lighting or fancy colours, maintaining a simple aesthetic design this way. Additionally it doesn’t have adjustable pots, which if we recall well only the TrueControl 550W unit from Antec had.

However on the other hand it is exceptionally stable, extremely quiet and particularly reliable. The good design continued with the sleeved cables which kept the case from being cluttered and restricting the airflow and the 80mm fan sitting in the Neo HE was not noticeable at any time during this review; this is a very quiet power supply unit. It’s also worth noting that the Neo HE does not need a foolproof design for the cables, as attaching any cable to any connector will simply work fine. The Neo HE will also reduce your electricity bill by being more efficient than most other power supply units which is an added bonus."

Sounds like a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

it does thanks m8 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Whynot grab the fanless zalman psu ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

were??

Advertisement