Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks

Options
  • 15-01-2007 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Do schools have their mocks at different times or are they all done at the same time?

For example, my mocks only start the week after the mid-term...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They're all at different times. For the schools who get papers in from one of the agencies this causes a problem as often neighbouring schools will be using the same agency. For teachers who set their own papers the problem doesn't arise.

The school I work in starts mocks on March 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

early february for my school

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Mine start on the 20th of Feb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

5th February pour moi - gulp...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mine start on the 20th of Feb.

Isnt that in the middle of mid-term? Mine start the 26th, kinda helps having them after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

2nd April!! Actually I'm really looking for those papers to practise on, I'm a repeat and have done all the exam qs in the papers and would love a couple of new ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Selphie wrote:
    5th February pour moi - gulp...

Me too :/

2nd April- that's a bit too late I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Jay112

Weve got ours on 26th feb! has anyone else? ill be spending the mid-term in the books!

Yeah, I agree. That's taking you right into orals, isn't it?
    On one hand, kinda stressed out with the fact that they're in two weeks, on the other hand, it's great to have the midterm afterwards. I think the whole thing of splitting them before and after midterm is suckish. That's just putting way too much pressure on people altogether, and you do need some time to relax!!

Yeah, I agree. That's taking you right into orals, isn't it?
    On one hand, kinda stressed out with the fact that they're in two weeks, on the other hand, it's great to have the midterm afterwards. I think the whole thing of splitting them before and after midterm is suckish. That's just putting way too much pressure on people altogether, and you do need some time to relax!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement