Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing a canon MV200i

• 15-01-2007 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

Put the wrong voltage into the above over Christmas and fried it- need the tape that is in camera.

Am told by Conns camera's that to remove the existing tape will need a new board to get the tape unit to open- estimated cost 400 euro- with no gtee that rest of camera will work.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

most cameras will have a safety release button or switch. However if the tape is wrapped around the drums, you'll need to either get the board as the guy says (Although I doubt that'll work) or unscrew the door, and remove the tape from the drums, it won't be easy as the tape will be wrapped around the drum in a helical pattern. It's not gonna be easy!

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

John,
    Just to let you know I did eventually succeed in getting the tape out intact.
    It took a while but ...
    Thanks. Colm

Advertisement