Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golden Globe Awards

• 15-01-2007 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Can anyone tell me are the Golden Globe awards live on television tonight, what channel and if not, is RTE showing a repeat during the week?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

cant see it listed anywhere oddly enough. not even on Living TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

They were on live on E!, if you have digital, and will be repeated during the week on that station. Can't find any indication that they're going to be shown on RTE, but in previous years they have been, so fingers crossed I guess.

The full list of winners is available here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm normally great at predicting these... but admit i couldn't predict a lot of those winners.

Yes, Scorses winning Best Director for 'The Departed' and a few more. But the majority of the big awards were pretty unexpected in m mind.

PS - Michael C Hall not winning for 'Dexter'... for shame! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Haven't seen Babel but suprised it won.
    Also would have loved to see Wahlberg didn't get Supporting Actor for the Departed I thought he was great in it.
    24 should have won Best Series cos it was a very strong season IMO. It's won it before up against stronger opposition with weaker seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

couldnt believ Veronica Mars didnt get 1 single nom...........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

Just said on RTE2 that the awards will be shown next Tuesday from 8pm.

Don't know why they have to wait a whole week to show them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Happy to see 'Ugly Betty' do so well, scooping up Best Comedy and Best Actress in a Comedy awards.

'Grey's Anatomy' winning didn't bother me too much but didn't delight me either. I don't particularly want '24' to win another award and would have loved to see newcomer 'Heroes' secure it instead.

Hugh Laurie winning for 'House' is deserved - he's superb in it. I'd have given one out to Tony Shaloub again for the Comedy category but maybe his shelf would have cracked under the 3 Emmys he's already won for the role...

Pretty decent mix overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I couldn't believe Deadwood didn't get one single nomination this year for its final season.:mad: Season 3 was great, and much improved form the season 2(which did get nominated last year), yet they completely ignored it.

Ian McShane deserved that best dramatic actor gong. And then some.

Rubbish awards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭SoSueMe

Comlpete TV winners:

BEST DRAMA TV SERIES
    Grey’s Anatomy

BEST ACTRESS IN A MUSICAL OR COMEDY TV SERIES
    America Ferrera, Ugly Betty

BEST MUSICAL OR COMEDY TV SERIES
    Ugly Betty

BEST ACTOR IN A MUSICAL OR COMEDY TV SERIES
    Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock

BEST ACTOR IN A MINISERIES OR TV MOVIE
    Bill Nighy, Gideon’s Daughter

BEST ACTRESS IN A MINISERIES OR TV MOVIE
    Helen Mirren, Elizabeth I

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A SERIES, MINISERIES, OR TV MOVIE
    Jeremy Irons, Elizabeth I

BEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
    Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A SERIES, MINISERIES, OR TV MOVIE
    Emily Blunt, Gideon’s Daughter

BEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
    Hugh Laurie, House

Kudos to America Ferrera and Ugly Betty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

nando wrote:
    Just said on RTE2 that the awards will be shown next Tuesday from 8pm.

Don't know why they have to wait a whole week to show them.

Scratch that! They just announced now on RTE2 that as a "surprise" they will showing the awards tonight at 9pm.

Why couldn't they have put it on tonight in the first place than next Tuesday when nobody will care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

Yeah the Golden Globes are on RTE2 NOW (9-11.15pm)

Advertisement