Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LT whining...

Options
  • 16-01-2007 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

that's the Patriots were disrespectful because of their celebration on the field in San Diego. What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Sore Loser in my opinion. Even if the Patriots were found guilty by the NFL for excessive celebration which they weren't. It won't change the score so LT need to get over it. The Pats won a game that everybody said they would lose. The Chargers themselves tried to make the game harder for New England by only sending 2000 tickets to Pats season ticket holders and restricting ticketmaster tickets to Californians only. So message to LT get over it your team handed the win to the Patriots on a plate. If you want someone to blame, blame your fellow players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

I felt the same way, but being a devout Pats fan I wanted to know what other people were thinking. He actually went over to the Pats and started trash talking them. Poor loser. Needs to get over that ego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Celebrating on an opposing teams logo is bang out of order in my opinion. Also, they mimicked the merriman celebration which is also out of order and didnt have to be done. Being a sore loser is bad, but being a sore winner is even worse.

LT ego? He seems one of the few players who has his feet on the ground and doesnt seem into trash talking much. I'd say he just got caught up in the moment, i dont blame him either. If it was me i would be raging aswell.

A classless display by some of the Patriot players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

The Pats did go a bit to far but they were caught up in the moment. L.T. should have let them have there moment, they went in as underdogs and won.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

OK I'm biased but I really don't see what's wrong with imitating the Merriman celebration - the whole point of a sack celebration is to be triumphalist over a fallen QB, so the Pats just turned it round on the Chargers. Great to see. Maybe there's an argument for not doing it on the team logo, I can see that, but no problems with the dance at all. And given the San Diego players' behaviour after they beat the Pats last year they have no grounds for complaint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭PappaCSkillz22

I did a blog on the ridiculous 'incident' and the main point was that it seems its okay, according to the Chargers, for them to mock other teams by way of their stupid little dances but if other teams dare to do same to them, get ready for some whinging!

The bottom line from Sunday nights incident revolves around Merriman;

''Merriman, nicknamed "Lights Out," did a spasmodic dance to celebrate each of his NFL-high 17 sacks. Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers said he saw some Patriots pointing to the scoreboard, mimicking the dance and stomping on the Chargers' logo at midfield.''

So, basically, Merriman wants people to watch his asinine little dance after each sack however no one else is allowed preform same? You stay classy, Mr Merriman.

Rivers went over after the game and started yelling abuse at Hobbs as well. They just can't accept that they lost.

And now Manning is calling on fans not to sell tickets to Sunday's game to Pat's fans. Because that worked so well for the Chargers. :p

Every player does a celebration after a sack, and a TD pretty much. But its well out of order to celebrate on the logo and mimick the dance as soon as you win the game, why didnt they do there own celebration? Why copy the opposing players?

A pathetic display from the Pats. I thought they had a bit more class then that, obviously not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

If that had been Merriman dancing on the New England Logo, LT would have had no problem with it!

The Patriots got caught up in the excitement of winning a game that looked improbable. LT is going to be tagged a crybaby and its a shame, cos he is one of the best RBs ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭decies

Every player does a celebration after a sack, and a TD pretty much. But its well out of order to celebrate on the logo and mimick the dance as soon as you win the game, why didnt they do there own celebration? Why copy the opposing players?

A pathetic display from the Pats. I thought they had a bit more class then that, obviously not.

Ita all about winning chucky anyway i think they should be away fans in nfl matches.
    Go pats to the superbowl.............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

this wasnt about the celebration itself ,it was about where they did it, ON the chargers crest, thats disrespectful..........exactly the same as when TO did it in the Star in Dallas

classless

So What! People need to move on whats done is done. Moaning about it isnt going to change it happened. Funnily the Chargers bitched talked the whole game every play or stop or any gain they had they bitch talked to the Pats players. So what goes around comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Boomer23 wrote:
    this wasnt about the celebration itself ,it was about where they did it, ON the chargers crest, thats disrespectful..........exactly the same as when TO did it in the Star in Dallas

classless
    Don't the Chargers have 3 crest on there field, theres nowhere else to celebrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

FFS, come on.
    This has been done many times before, and nobody made such a huge deal.

Remember TO, he used to do it all the time until williams clocked him for trying it on the dallas logo.

The Pats came from behind, as underdogs, and stole the victory, get over it.

BizzyC wrote:
    FFS, come on.

Remember TO, he used to do it all the time until williams clocked him for trying it on the dallas logo.

HERE HERE.

BizzyC wrote:
    FFS, come on.

Amen to that! On to Indy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

free2fly wrote:
    that's the Patriots were disrespectful because of their celebration on the field in San Diego. What do you think?

The referee agreed. He gave them a 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. This is what LT was complaining about, not the result of the match. It doesn't make him a loser.

Slow coach wrote:
    The referee agreed. He gave them a 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. This is what LT was complaining about, not the result of the match. It doesn't make him a loser.

I didn't say he was a loser. Well, technically he is because they lost the game. I just thought he was a bit of a whiner because of the statements that he made to the press after the game. I don't know if you heard it, but he came across as a poor loser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Chadwick

That was the hardest game to see as a Charger fan for 32 years now. :(

BizzyC wrote:

And thats pretty much the reason everyone thinks hes a complete twat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement