Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC2 Healer

• 16-01-2007 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the BBC2 programme 'Trust me I'm a healer' (15/1/07)?? Missed it.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

No, I didn't know it was on. Hopefully it will be available elsewhere soon to watch. I wonder what level of scrutiny the healers got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Well the first one featuring Peter Aziz was more a case of giving someone enough rope.

http://www.azizshamanism.com/index.html
    Gnomes and fairies were his main tools.

Second one had Stephen Turoff
    http://www.stephenturoff.org/main.htm
    he's a 'psychic surgeon'.

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=72560

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

Saw some of it. He went off to Eastern Europe and officiated at some kind of religious ceremony in a cave. Sorry, details are a bit vague but there was a mass killing at this cave during the second world war so he wanted to perform a cleansing. He had some connection with the spot from a previous life, as far as I recall.

Anyway, there were some blurry, low-light photos from the event which clearly showed things not apparent at the time, like the baby Jesus, the face of a ghost and even Turoff posessed by Satan.

Anyone on for taking some grungy photos to see what apparitions we can detect? Perhaps even some of those "orbs" that paranormalists love but look strangely like out-of-focus dirt or raindrops on the lens.

There's another healer featured tonight (Monday) at 10pm, BBC2:
    Ray and Gillian Brown have been married for fifteen years and share their lives with another man: St Paul. He takes over Ray's body on a regular basis, so they believe, allowing him to heal.
    To be honest, I'd rather watch The Panel. Colin Murphy is channelling Dara O'Briain these days.

Last night we saw Mary Malone on BBC2's Trust Me, I'm a Healer. First off, she's Irish, though she lives in England. I was cringing as she was touring the local TV stations in California as the Irish Psychic.

Also noteworthy was that she did very little healing while being followed by the cameras. Instead, she was off on a trip to the States to give psychic readings. One of these was with a Filipina lady called Rose: "Who is Jim? Jim is with me... no? Judy, I'm getting a Judy... who are these people?" To which Rose replied that she didn't know anyone by those names. "No, no, these are people you will meet."

Rose was distinctly unimpressed after forking out $150 for her 30-minute consultation. The documentary maker was cheesed off too, especially after she told an 18-year old guy that his father did not commit suicide as everyone thought, but was murdered.

Really, this stuff should not be allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Quick note about Monday's program, featuring a far more well-known healer John of God.

DOCUMENTARY: Trust Me I'm a Healer
    On: BBC 2
    Date: Monday 5th February 2007
    Time: 22:00 to 22:30

John of God.
    Documentary series about different types of healers. John of God, one of the world's most popular healers, is a psychic surgeon who operates on people without any anaesthetic. Known as The Miracle Man, his healing centre in Brazil has rooms full of discarded crutches and wheelchairs and thousands of British people travel out to see him every year.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide

Advertisement