Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dj courses/music technology courses(HELP)

• 16-01-2007 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

:eek: can someone help me sort my life out??:D :D:D:D im 17 nd doin my leavin cert at da moment!! im realy in2 me dance music(trance,dirty house,a bit of techno)nd would love to no more aboutfind the production of it, a cupla months back i bought decks nd a mixer ting is im not very good at mixing,beat matching dnt no an awful lot abou it!! nd av feck all vinyl!! i would love to no more about dj skillz nd music production i realy realy would love a career in this but i dnt no feck all:confused::D

Dose any1 no if the DJ course at the temple bar music center is any gud? or if there are any short time DJ courses i could take to start me off??

i have also looked up the music technology courses in maynooth IT nd Limerick IT.But would these courses suit some1 like me who only has an intrest i cant read music nd im a bit crap at maths:p

some1 help us out:D
    TRIXX

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

the tbmc full time sound engineering and music technology course is the absolute business, itll cost you about 10g for 2 years, and then more again for the third year if you get in tho

but its worth every penny, there isnt another course in the country with as much focus on making tunes, working in studios and all round hands on

theres very little pointless paperwork crap like everywhere else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 TRIXX

tankz helix:)
    I have been lookin in2 the tbmc courses and they sound decent! But do you need to know a bit about music production b4 you take the course bcoz i know nothing?

would the dj and music production summer course be any good to take up b4 taking a full time music technology + production tbmc/college course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

it helps

i think most people who do well in teh course have an idea what theyre at before they do it

but youve plenty of time to start learning now

i wouldnt bother with any of the part time courses tbh, theyre a waste of time and money

if les doesnt think youre able for the course when hes talkin to you in the interview you wont get into the course, but if you show an interest and let him know that youre making steps to learning on your own already youll be alrite

and get piano lessons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

there's a course in Bray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭smokes

senan s wrote:
    there's a course in Bray
    thats a golf course senan:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

smokes wrote:
    thats a golf course senan:D

shut up ya big sheep,