Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is BT Ireland really this bad??? Wireless router never delivered!!

Options
  • 16-01-2007 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭

I bought a laptop for xmas and it came with a wireless facility. In anticipation I rang BT Ireland early december and requested that wireless router by zyxel. I waited a few weeks and as I had got nothing I rang again about 15th december and was promised it would be couriered to me. It never arrived. I am loath to ring again and I bought a netgear one just in case anyway.

They dont seem to care what impression they give. I hate giving up but it seems to be endemic in this country.

disgusted

gbcullen

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

maybe you were never charged for it ....or were you??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭swoofer

To be honest when you ring to request a simple item like a router and they did mention 40 euro for the upgrade I was not taking a lot of notice. I pay by credit card and you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be charged for it.

Its just so annoying that everything has to be so badly done that cuases immense frustration. I only we could go elsewhere but the BT cap is the best I believe.

hpny

gb--

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You can buy a perfectly good wireless router for €24.99 that you own outright yourself, dunno why you ordered a €40 upgrade from BT in the first place, especially one that they want back ( I thinks , they do want the normal non wireless one back at the end of the contract)

Advertisement