Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Medusa 5.1 headphones problem

• 16-01-2007 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭

I bought these a while ago.
    Last night I was moving things around and was checking the speakers using the 6 speaker tone test on my DVD players. However the rear right tone was very low in these headphones. Let me explain first that my 2 DVD players have built in DD 5.1/DTS decoders, and 12 phono cables (2 x 6 input using 6 phono splitters) run thru the little amp you get with the Medusa and back out again into my Yamaha receiver (6 output). The headphones have 6 little headphone pins which pick up the 5.1 from the DVD players when the little amp is switched on.
    "Obviously a loose cable" you cry..no, because with the little headphone amp switched off, the sound through the speakers is fine - except, the rear LEFT is actually the quiet one. "Obviously a mis-wiring issue" you say. Well, the problem is, when the rear right speaker on the DVD players graphic display light up, the low test tone is in the rear right of the headphones, and with the headphone amp switched off, the rear right speaker is perfect. The rear left speaker sounds quiet, however I believe that's a speaker cable issue which I will resolve over the weekend.
    Anyone else have an idea re the headphone issue? Its annoying. Very annoying.

Advertisement