Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Req] Info on Kilkenny Snooker Championship

• 16-01-2007 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

There was some mention on the radio this morning about a new Irish snooker championship of 16 professionals to be held in Kilkenny, in which Ken Doherty and Ronnie O’Sullivan are to compete. I’ll be interested in going to this, but a google search has produced no information about it’s details.

If anyone hears any details about this event over the next while, I’d appreciate if you could share it on this thread. (eg Where and when it’ll be held, who to contact about getting tickets etc etc).

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

haven't heard anything myself but if you get onto RIBSA they'll definitely know what the story is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭patrickc

Tel: +353 56 7723900 call the ormonde hotel kk, and the tickets are on sale from next friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

Tel: +353 56 7723900 call the ormonde hotel kk, and the tickets are on sale from next friday

Thanks patrickc2006. I rang and was told it hasn't been finalised yet. It's provisionally booked for 9, 10, 11 March. It'll be finalised at the weekend. Will share result on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AngryLoner

looking forward to it now, I'm going to sundays match the final should be good, hope Ken does us proud and gets through..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

rte.ie are unbelievable...they had a piece on the tournament today, and it had quotes that are about 2-3 months old from Jimmy White, saying its a great opportunity for practice around the time of the World Qualifiers. Did it not occur to the genius writing the article that he was no longer in the running?...Was it even written by someone who has the feintest interest in snooker?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Also if you'd like to sit and play poker with these big name snooker players - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055060764

The irish didn't do bad at all today, even robertson got knocked out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

O'Sullivan pockets a 147 and gets.......a pat on the back. Great show from the organising committee not having organised the prize properly. I cant figure out from reports if they couldnt get motor insurance to bring the vehicle or give it to him, or if they couldnt find someone to insure against the event.

ken was thrashed.. but yeh they f**ked up on the car 1 way r another

• Advertisement

great final. the rocket is a legend....

Advertisement