Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on car g/f interested in on carzone...

Options
  • 16-01-2007 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    My girlfriend is inteerested in a Hyuandai coupé on carzone here:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=364036

WHat's the story with the Lexus lights ? Why would they be on it ?

The price seems good for a 2004 car, but I'm wary as to why these lights would be on the car - could thave been crashed or is this just a standard customisation that's done on Hyuandai coupés ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Lexus lights& non stock alloys - keep away! Boy racer written all over it.

Most likely have been thrashed around the place.

Seriously what is the story with 'lexus' lights, they look poxy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 SnoopyDogDog

no way thats a boy racer car. just look at the pictures.
    I think it looks well kept and most people who put on Lexus lights actually take care of their car. the coupe is a girls car, so prob the b/f threw on the lexus lights in case he had to be seen driving around in it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The lights are not actually off a Lexus, "lexus lights" is just a name for the style of rear lights on the car. It's a pretty tacky thing to do, but the lights themselves are easily replaced. As Victor_M says, though, I would have reservations about the way the car may have been treated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Perhaps it looks like a 'boy racer' car, but it does mention that the two owners were 'ladies' and if general statistics have taught us anything 'boy racer' types are young males from 18-25. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Actually - what type of a warranty do Hyuandai give ? Is it 3 or 5 years ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Two lady owners would put me off in fairness....the car's probably only ever been looked after/maintained/serviced if something has gone wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

fletch wrote:
    Two lady owners would put me off in fairness....the car's probably only ever been looked after/maintained/serviced if something has gone wrong.
    Are people allowed to say that?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Walk away. Personally wouldn't touch a car with over-sized after market alloys or "Lexus" lights.

Theres plenty of more un-molested examples out there.

If you could could stretch to the 2.0 model its much better in both spec and performance

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Not wild about either the wheels or the lights, but it looks in good shape from the pictures. You would need to take a good look at it though (as with any car).

18" wheels with such low profile tyres are unsuitable for Irish roads IMO - I wouldn't dream of going over 17" on that car and even at that, you can expect to replace a few tyres due to damage depending on the roads you drive.

My main concern would be why it's already had 2 owners. You'd be the third owner of that car, which is only just 3 years old. Dig the current owner for as much info as you can if you are serious about buying it.

Have 225/45/18's on mine as they came as standard on the car and haven't had any problems. You just need to keep an eye out for potholes.

My main concern about the wheels on that is that the geometry and steering could well be out if the rolling diameter of the new wheels is more than the originals. They look out of proportion in the pic IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Nowadays, there are "Girl Racers" too - competing with their Neanderthal male counterparts - so don't think that a car having two lady owners is automatically a much safer option.

Personally I think that any car adorned by all this after market cosmetic tat and clutter (although that car is pretty tame), will have had an owner who is far less likely to spend money on the essentials - like regular & proper servicing, quality tyres etc. - Instead mostly spent on "Look at Me - Bling".

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Rear lights really do look awful. Alloys look ok though imho. Not sure would they negatively affect the ride/handling.

Also I'd be worried about a seller who cannot spell "panel".

TomMc wrote:
    Nowadays, there are "Girl Racers" too - competing with their Neanderthal male counterparts - so don't think that a car having two lady owners is automatically a much safer option.

Exactly. There seems to be more and more of them around. Usually complete with the PlayBoy bunny on the back window. Although they usually look more Play-Doh than Play Mate!!!

Advertisement