Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Quiet

Options
  • 16-01-2007 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Morning All. Have I missed a thread or is it just very quiet !!
    Shockin result on Sunday. Looks like our chances of Europe for next season may rest on our Cup form !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think everyone (including myself) is still in shock after Sunday. I thought we were coasting after Berby scored, and out of the blue came a stunning goal and a equally stupid goal. I don't know what's going on with the team at the moment but we just can't kill a team off. Actually, it's been happening for longer than the last few months - it's part and parcel of the team. Never forget, if you're playing Spurs, that they always fold at some stage.

Very depressing, and effectively ruins any slim chance we had of getting into the top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

As posted most people are still in shock bout Sunday! No point going over old ground but is Tainio really so slow that he couldn't track Nicky Butt's run for the 3rd goal?

Never thought I'd say it but we need Jenas back asap and of course it goes without saying that without Ledley we are only half the team!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Well tomorrow's another day and hopefully we will get Sunday out of our system, i think our best chance of Europe next season is through one of the cups ... unless we can put a sparkling run together between now and the end of season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

Yep,in shock.There goes CL football next year.Need Ledley back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Yep i think we can safely say we are playing for top 6 now and not top 4. We dont half miss King at the back do we. Anyone reckon we will make any moves in the transfer market !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

well there seems to be lots of rumours about involving Ashley Young, Micah Richards, Gabriel Heinze... so who knows if anything will happen ...Knowing Spurs way of working they will drag out any deal until the last minute in the hope of trying to get a cheapy ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

at the start of the season i would have settled for a top 6th place and good cup run somewhere along the way.
    at the moment, i think we are bang on track, although to be fair, i would prefer if we were heading the bunch in 5th, rather than just about keeping in touch in 7th.
    we are running out of games to put another good run together. for me, the only important thing is to ensure we have european footbal again next year. if that means coming 17th in the league and runner up in the fa cup to chelsea, im not too bothered!

oh, and to win the uefa cup this year would be the ideal way to stay in it :)

Advertisement