Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useless game staff once again.

Options
  • 16-01-2007 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Well once again game staff are shown to be an absolute useless shower.

So there I was in game this morning to pick up WoW: the burning crusade. 2 copies, 1 collectors and 1 normal. I had pre-ordered both very shortly after Blizzard announced the release date. The group of people were told there were no copies of the collectors edition in stock. Someone piped up about how they had been in on sunday and told that they were told collectors editions were in stock. In fact they were told there were 3 in stock. And pretty much simultaneously someone else said they had been told there were 3 collectors editions in stock. No no, definitely not, total denial from the staff there this morning.

Funny thing is, I also dropped in on sunday and the converstion went something along the lines of -
    Me: Hi, quite a while back I pre-ordered two copies of the burning crusade, one normal and one special edition. I just want to confirm that I will be able to pick up both copies on tuesday morning.
    Staff: yes, no problem.
    Me: and you will definitely have the collectors edition
    Staff: Yes, they're over there now (and indicates to the storage cabinate behind the counter)
    Me: Excellent, thank you very much, I'll be in on tuesday morning so.

So either
    a) The public were bare faced lied to about collectors editions in stock.
    b) They got stock in but ingored the pre-orders and the staff pocketed the collectors editions for themselves and friends, and then lied about ever having them.

Whichever they're a complete shower of useless tosspots.
    And NO, I don't accept the excuse tarring them all with the one brush, This isn't the first time I've given out about game staff. Guilt by association. They're all bad at what they do until they sort out those that can't do it properly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Which store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Sorry should have said - Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

whats the difference between the collectors & the standard, besides a heftier price tag?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I'd say they were sold to staff or customers who asked for them. apparently some retail stores broke the release date (might just have been in the UK) and started selling at the weekend. not an uncommon thing, its been happening more and more cos they mostly get away with it.

So yeah, i reckon the preorders were ignored and sold to people yesterday (customers or staff)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I work in Blanch. We only got 3 CE, and those were all pre-ordered by customers. No staff got a CE. We actually had a massive list of people after the CE but alas only the first 3 people got them.

Also: The CE was never on display in the cabinet, only the normal edition was. Perhaps the member of staff you were dealing with thought you meant the normal edition, which would certainly seem the case if they pointed to the cabinet.

• Advertisement

Slurms wrote:
    I work in Blanch. We only got 3 CE, and those were all pre-ordered by customers. No staff got a CE. We actually had a massive list of people after the CE but alas only the first 3 people got them.

Well i pre-ordered the day after blizzard announced the release day. I signed my name on pretty much right at the top of the pre-order sheet. Fair enough if there were only 3 copies, it ties in with what people were told previous to today, but why all the lies this morning about it. And one of the people there this morning being told he couldn't have it was saying he was the first on the pre-order sheet when he pre-ordered, how did he not get one? (NOTE: I dont' expect you to have an answer for that.)

Basically your post here though is an admission of lies on the part of the store manager there this morning though.
    Slurms wrote:
    Also: The CE was never on display in the cabinet, only the normal edition was. Perhaps the member of staff you were dealing with thought you meant the normal edition, which would certainly seem the case if they pointed to the cabinet.

Which is why on sunday I was very careful to clearly state multiple times "collectors edition". There can be no way the guy behind the counter didn't understand I was asking specifically about the CE.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The staff obviously all sorted themselves out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

At this stage I buy my games from Smith's as Game:
    (a) have a poor selection of PC titles and rarely have significant number of copies.
    (b) have far too many poor customer service incidents (I've had some problems with them myself).
    (c) Usually are more expensive than Smith's or at best the same price.
    (d) Usually are too packed in the PC section with people to get a good look if they have anything of note on the shelves, this is in spite of the fact that by their stocking you'd swear only a handful of people play PC games.

It's no wonder more of their stores are closing IMO...

Oh yeah
    (e) them and HMV are the worst stores for forgetting to remove/disable the security tags on items, leaving me to have to deal with it in the next store I go into and try exit when done.

After some to-ing and fro-ing with the Customer Services department of Game Stores Group Ltd I have managed to get a copy of the CE. Well it's being posted to me, I should have it early next week. All told I'm satisfied with the end result, I should now have a copy of the CE which I had pre-ordered.

Questions still remain over the behaviour/actions of Game employees at the store level though. Although my understanding is this is being looked into, and it is to and intents and purposes an internal Game matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Have you ever worked in a shop ? sometimes people half hear something and think theres something in stock or not as the case may be its not the end of the world stop going on like it is.

And I for one would like to commend the staff in game in blanch they are some of the best people ive seen in any computer game shop just because someone allegedly made a mistake dosnt mean there "complete shower of useless tosspots" just makes them human.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Kristok wrote:
    And I for one would like to commend the staff in game in blanch they are some of the best people ive seen in any computer game shop just because someone allegedly made a mistake dosnt mean there "complete shower of useless tosspots" just makes them human.
    My thanks to you, kind sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I'm with the OP on this one, my experience of staff in most GAME stores is less than satisfactory.

If they aren't sure of whether or not they have something in stock they should say so, instead of feeding people BS.

Kristok wrote:

Not just allegedly made a mistake, but told blatant lies to customers and then found out for it. And not just floor staff, the manager too. I certainly don't think anyone likes being lied to like that. So my accusation stands for the shop staff at least. Those in the customer service department however I found to be very easy to deal with.

Advertisement