Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick question about gift vouchers

Options
  • 16-01-2007 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭

A mate's kid got a couple of hundred quids worth of game vouchers for christmas(towards his xbox 360) everyone knew thats what he wanted. to cut a long story short he has just been diagnosed with epilepsy and has been told (for a while at least) to stay away from video games, movies with flashing lights etc. anyway the question, they are saying that there are no refunds on vouchers, is this right or are you entitled to a refund?
    Common sense would dictate that you are i.e. i give you money for a piece of paper, i give you back piece of paper you give me back the money simple! just wondering.

BTW the only communication with game was a quick phone call, no-one in charge etc has been contacted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

pred racer wrote:
    they are saying that there are no refunds on vouchers, is this right or are you entitled to a refund?
    Unfortunately for yourself, they are right. You aren't entitled to a refund as technically, you've simply changed your mind about the gift vouchers so there is no obligation on the store to refund you any money. Now whether or not Game will refund you, in cash, the value of the gift vouchers as goodwill, is totally at their discretion because they are well within their rights to refuse a refund.

Have you thought maybe of trying to sell on the vouchers, maybe even a little below face value to get rid of them? Buy & Sell or even the adverts section of boards may well be worth a try! Best of luck anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Explain the situation to Game. They're people too and I'm sure they'd make an exception in a situation as this. They wouldn't want to ruin a child's Christmas after he's been diagnosed with something like this. You aren't legally entitled to a refund though but I'm sure managers would be sympathetic to the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

LadyLotts wrote:
    Explain the situation to Game. They're people too and I'm sure they'd make an exception in a situation as this. They wouldn't want to ruin a child's Christmas after he's been diagnosed with something like this. You aren't legally entitled to a refund though but I'm sure managers would be sympathetic to the situation.

This is probably the way he will go, Im surprised that you cant get money back for vouchers though as they are not goods and there is no depreciation/packaging/resale issues etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I'd say you may have to go to the customer care as opposed to dealing with it at a store level, but I'd be very surprised if it was a problem.

I couldn't find details for the Irish stores, but here's the UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

I'd say explain carefully and ask nicely.. they're under no obligation but they're people like everyone else.. post how you get on!

• Advertisement
Advertisement