Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows XP sp2 killing BB connection?

• 16-01-2007 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have a strange problem. If I leave my Laptop idle for a period of time, when I come back the Wireless connection will be "dead".
    So I plug in the Cat5 cable but I don't seem to get anywhere. I cannot get into the properties of the LAN connection or the Wireless connection.
    A reboot of the Laptop will sort it.
    After going through Event Viewer I found this Warning:
    TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.
    I googled it and found this article:
    http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=1497

There doesn't appear to be a fix on Microsoft.com for this but this issue is highlighted.
    Anyone come across this? Anyone apply the fix mentioned?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

That limit was put in by Microsoft to halt the behavior of some viruses.

First thing i would do is check for Viruses and spywhere. Any strange services running. Internet Connection Sharing?

Anything like that.

Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

SP2 Limits your outgoing TCP/IP connections to 10.

Make sure there's NO Spyware or Viruses running then edit TCPIP.SYS.

http://www.phex.org/mambo/content/view/49/33/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

That limit was put in by Microsoft to halt the behavior of some viruses.

First thing i would do is check for Viruses and spywhere. Any strange services running. Internet Connection Sharing?

Anything like that.

Shane

Machine is clean from Viruses/Spyware.
    Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service is running.
    Should I disable it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Going to edit tcpip.sys with that patch.

Cheers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

have you got a firewall running , it should reduce the number of connections

• Advertisement
Advertisement