Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Darts Tournament - Suggestions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pgough

Perhaps DFD could talk to the Silver Tassie manager to arrange a date, a function room and a couple of boards?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If we can finalise a date then maybe we can post this thread in the events forum so more people will know about the tournament and we can get more people interested in playing.

DFD, would it be possible to run the idea by the Tassie manager and see what he says and what date would suit him? A Saturday would be best.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

Just been talking to him,10th Feb suits him if thats all right.He's open about any date really.I can organize Dartboard stands from borough league.I'll try and get him to get us eclipse boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pgough

10th of Feb would suit me. What time would you suggest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

10th is fine for me too, better get some practice in...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah I can do the 10th of February. Now we just have to try and get as many players as we can to play on that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Pgough wrote:
    Silver Tassie suits me fine. It would be a big advantage to have more than one board.

Any saturday except Feb 3 and 17 as I will be away those days.

Rosco1982 you can get a taxi home with your winnings :)

Haha ....

A number of players here are much more experienced than me and are playing at a higher level than me. They should really wipe the floor with me, whether they do or not ...... well we'll see ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

I'd give this a bash , rusty as I am :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Would really love to go to this but we play out league matches in Donegal on Fri/Sat nights and we are playing the top team that Saturday, but if this event goes well there is no reason there won't be another one later on in the year, best of luck with it anyway great to see it happening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Count me in lads............i'm not the best but will go for the laugh. That format seems to be the fairest.

So its Sat 10th Feb in the Silver Tassie.

• Advertisement

Ok lads, if there is no objections then we can set the official date as the 10th of Feb and the official venue as the Silver Tassie. I will send Talliesin a pm and see if he will sort out promoting this event in the events forum.

I have to be at a family function in palmerstown for 6.30 that day, do you think we could start at such a time so that we would be finished in time for me to get over there? I'll make it either way but it would be great if you could bear that in mind when setting a start time.

Im going to go with a 1pm start.

If there is a problme with this then we can change it. Im posting a thread in the events forum now with all the details of the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

I'd be on for a game...not very good mind you but would like to give it a crack...beats playing on my own :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Has anybody here ever played darts casually in Campions(Balgriffin)?. Can you just get a drink and ask to use the board if its vacant?.

p.s
    Sorry this is off topic. Maybe it would be good to create a sticky with a list of darts pubs and possibly a review of each?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭sosh

id love to play in this count me in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sol1990

sosh wrote:
    id love to play in this count me in!!
    who is allowed to play in it????

Anyone is allowed enter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dartskid

Hi,

I'm new to Boards but I do drop in every now and again for a read, managed to sign up eventually !!!
    I can advertise this on www.darts.ie if you want, it's the site ( as your aware ) for the Dun Laoghaire Borough League.
    Good choice of pub by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

@rounders123 Campions is like any other pub ( and better than most in my experience) - if there's nobody on the board then you can get the spotlight switched on if needs be and just play away til challenged . Be aware , though , that 'house' darts are generally of the brass variety and may not even be from the same set ! Many pubs these days wont even have house darts so bring your own with you and you'll get a game in any darts pub (match nights excepted!) .

As for Silver Tassie , I'll be there with my 33.0 average - that's darts per game , unfortunately :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Ah going to miss this one due to work commitments, but i'm sure it wont be the last meeting of this sort...........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Seems to be good interest. What will be the game format for the day lads???

501 Best of 3? (ie first to 2 wins) I think thats what the borough darts league.

I have always practised 301 with no double start...........Jaysus 3 games of 501 when your not used to it is tiring on the oul arms.............although mine are very skinny:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 HereForDarts

Hey there,

I have been lurking for a while, and I thought I'd register here and use my first post to express my interest in this game. I am no good at darts, but I fancy a game for the craic. Are even new comers welcome then? :)

About how many players are expected?

Thanks!

Anyone is welcome. Ill have to do a check to see how many are expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭psilocybe

I'm interested in playing. A friend of mine probably will too.

Turns out I'm not going to be able to make it but it looks like there will be a good attendance anyway. It's a pity cos I was looking forward to it but hopefully I'll make it to the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Should probably be able to make this (if thats ok). Will post later in the week to confirm, but for the moment I'm on for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 HereForDarts

I'll be there, so long as I can find the place.

• Advertisement

Lads its looking like I wont be able to make it on Saturday due to work commitments. Its killing me this whole thing was my idea but looks like there is nothing I can.

The function rooms for the Tournament are booked so there is no problem with that. DFD was organising boards so again there should be no problem.

Im really annoyed im probably going to be missing this!

I guess somebody should take over with respect to taking the money and doing the draw for who plays who. Any volunteers?

Advertisement