Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing Threads Issue

Options
  • 16-01-2007 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

Whenever I try to close a thread on a forum I moderate I get the following error:
    You do not have permission to open/close threads

Thread: Dan and Becs
    Forum: Television

I have cleared my cache, cookies, killed every instance of my browser, rebooted, and I'm still getting the error. Any ideas?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

You don't Mod Television though and that thread was moved from AH to TV. Unless I am misunderstanding you should not be able to close that thread as it is now out of your jurisdiction (having been moved by one of the other AH mods/Cmods etc...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

You don't Mod Television though and that thread was moved from AH to TV. Unless I am misunderstanding you should not be able to close that thread as it is now out of your jurisdiction (having been moved by one of the other AH mods/Cmods etc...)

The Error happened when I moved that thread to Television. Ever since then I cannot close any thread on any forum I moderate => it keeps thinking I'm trying to close the thread in Television.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Hmm, I was using pie until I got some DB errors. Switched over to asdf.boards.ie and it seems to have sorted itself out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Check that you don't have any threads or posts highlighted for action. Go to a forum you moderate, scroll down to the moderation selection box (set to "delete threads" to begin with) and make sure it says "Go (0)" beside it.

If it says "Go (1)" or higher then it's likely you still have that thread selected (and you have no rights to act on it). Select "Deselect All Threads" (last option in the select box) and hit to go button. That should clear things up (though that said, clearing cookies should have also).

Advertisement