Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for a three-year-old

Options
  • 16-01-2007 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

Or is he four? Damn! I'm truly awful at remembering the ages of my friends and family's kids - always find myself staring in horror at people and saying "What?? He's *finished college* and he's working for Google? But I thought he was in second year in school!!!"

Anyway, it has to be reasonably light, since it's going to be posted to Australia, and it has to be boyish fun. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Hiya,

My son is just 3 and i'll just tell you the toys he loves.

A hobby horse - big stick, horses head - his sister got it for christmas and he is never off it. You can get them in Smyths.
    Anything to do with rockets or the space shuttle.
    Remote control car/truck etc - a big hit.
    He loves books, maybe you could get him an age appropriate one telling all the old Irish Fianna stories.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Thanks, Crea, great ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ItsMoi

How about getting him one of those personalised books where his name along with the names of some of his friends appear in the story as the heroes. You can pick from a range of stories, e.g. batman etc.
    We've got a few of them over the years for our kids around the ages 3 - 5 years and they love them.
    We got them from a shop in the Stephens Green centre called Piggley Pooh - top floor - not sure if they are still there but I'm sure a few other places also do them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

How about a super-hero dress-up outfit? You can buy them in toy shops or shops stocking children's clothes. It'd be light to post and he'd love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Oh no, not the superhero route again for me! I had a *bad* time when his cousin was that age searching for an Action Man outfit - he had a passion for Action Man.

Hmm, the personalised books are a good idea, as are Tales of the Fianna books. Must look further at this option. I'd love to get him some of the books I loved to read as a child, like The Story of Ferdinand (banned in Franco's Spain for its radical take on bullfighting and pacifism), but they're probably long out of print again.

I like the thought of a hobby horse a lot, but not that of posting it to Australia!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

Anything to do with dinosaurs, pirates, robots or fire-engines. Anything they can play with creatively can go down well: duplo (kid lego), magnetic kits, art stuff( kid scissors, kid glue, coloured paper, stickers).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Or anything to do with Lazy town....My nephew who is three, is obsessed about it. He has thought himself to do cartwheels from it, and eats lots of fruit, cos the main character calls it "sports candy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Try ordering something from Amazon.au or some other aussie site to avoid the hassle/cost/delay of posting it from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

The personalised books are a great idea. My son got one from my sis for Christmas and he thinks is "coo-el" (who taught a 3 year old that word?)

Anyhow she got it in: Bramblewood Creations, Top Floor, Stephens Green Centre, Dublin. Phone: 01 47800601. Email- bmbwood@eircom.net.
    They have a mail order service by phone.

Advertisement