Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Q102 Publish Letter to Strawberry Fans

• 16-01-2007 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Anyone else see this?

Q102 took out a full page in the Metro, and possibly some other publications too, asking Strawberry Alarm Clock fans to give them a go instead.

Just a Snippet from the Letter:
    Dear Strawberry Alarm Clock Listeners,

We are Alan Shortt and Debbie Allen, the hosts of Q Breakfast on Dublin's Q102.
    We're sorry to hear that your favourite breakfast show has finished so suddenly, because we know how important it is to have a laugh in the morning.

We want you to know that we're here for you.

We'd love you to try Q Breakfast, on Dublin's Q102. ......

What do you make of it? I think it is very clever marketing myself.

Even if they only persuaded 1% of readers to tune in, they will have accomplished enough to justify the article.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Very good. I'd go as far as saying Excellent.

But would not listen to those two all the same.

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Pretty good idea but I am afraid that I will be moving with the Strawberries.

I hope that moving to 2FM gives the boys the opportunity to revamp the show.

Might give Q102 a shot tomorrow morning but once the Strawberried are back on air I will be tuned in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Maybe I'm alone here but I think it's pretty presumtious on Q's part to assume their can offer an alternative.

The stations music formats are lightyears apart... as is the age of their listeners and then thinking that a breakfast show not on air a wet weekend can take all of 104's listeners?!

Waste of money if you ask me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

nice little bit of marketing.

it's a pity their show is pure and utter sh1te...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

From the Fisher Price school of marketing :o

The guy Alan Shortt sounds like Michael O'Leary and if that wasnt enough hes a tosser who thinks hes funny...THE worst kind :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement