Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie sloooooooooow loading

Options
  • 16-01-2007 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

this site is taking for ever to load for awhile now,..:( could nearly go make a cupa whilst waiting,....:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭iremex

agreed. dont know why this is. have a 3mb lease line in work(boarding only through work!) and its the slowest site around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

Taking forever to load, D12, 1mb BT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rwallirl

I'm looking from work and also have the slow loading problem. I always assumed that it was my internal network slowing things down due to some need to bounce back and forth while building the pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Is it possible that Boards.ie is hosted on a BT server !!! LOL :) Seriously I got a message the other day that there was a database error! I'm accessing from University right now and its woefully slow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭fluppet

I'm using a 1Gb connection (although it's shared among quite a few other users) and over the last few days I have also noticed that boards.ie is very slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

I don't think it's the connection, it's the server.

SQL statements needed to generate the pages seem to take much more time during the day.

Maybe a new server or if the bulletin board software scales, multiple servers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

Yep people its the server, not the connections.
    A quick glance at the bottom of the page will tell ya that...

For example this page:

admin+statler@boards.ie Page generated in 19.35190 seconds with 24 queries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I think its load on the server because its always slow for me but speeds up if I log on late at night on a 56K connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Guys,
    Have a look in the sys\feeback forum. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=82
    Theres a tonne of posts in there about the slowness of boards together with the reasoning why and the possible solutions which are being looked into.
    Your Broadband speed is not the reason the forum is slow.
    Kippy

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Your broadband speed has nothing to do with boards running slow, its slow on Ireland, USA and UK connections :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement