Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motley Crue Supports...

• 16-01-2007 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Just wondering about this, I mean, since Motley Crue were supposed to support Guns N Roses last year and then claimed to know absolutely nothing about it, why Aiken never offered any kind of apology on the subject? I mean, Motley Crue even came out and said on their official website theyd never even been approached to play the gig, so why didnt Aiken make some effort to explain what had happened?

Furthermore, why wont the Crue actually play here, ever, even on their last European Stint they ignored Ireland completely. Is there any reason why they seem to hate this country, or just ignore its fans.

Can someone inform me, have they EVER played here? That time they cancelled the tours cause of 'Snow on the Roof' in 1989, was there an Irish date then?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It's nothing to do with the band.

Motley Crue, as a business, will charge a certain amount of money for every gig. Quite a lot, one would expect. When they decide to tour their booking agent and management company will schedule a tour around what countries and venues where promoters are prepared to pay the fee. The promoter, clearly, has to believe they can make a profit out of ticket sales and sponsorship after paying the band's fees. Motely Crue have never been as popular here as they were elsewhere, nor any of their peers. Hard rock, glam rock, hair metal, whatever the **** it's called these days, was never that big over here, compared to the markets in the UK or elsewhere in Europe and promoters here ust don't want to know. It's not up to the band to choose where they play. When the management, booking agent and promoter agree the finances, then there's a gig. The band just show up and play, but the money has to be in place for the business to say yes. For example, Kiss were booked to play on their first farewell/reunion tour here in early 96, I think it was. I was one of about 20 people who bought a ticket and it was no surprise when it was cancelled. The Cult played to about 500 people in the Point on their Ceremony tour. Ozzy played the Top Hat (think of the SFX) when he toured No Rest For The Wicked. There just wasn't/isn't the market for that kind of thing here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Doctor J wrote:
    For example, Kiss were booked to play on their first farewell/reunion tour here in early 96, I think it was. I was one of about 20 people who bought a ticket and it was no surprise when it was cancelled.

Thanks for the information, I would have defo bought a ticket to KISS i must say, that really suprised me to hear they played here. I mean, I know thats a bit of a contradiction in terms, but Ive never imagined KISS playing anywhere outside the US and Japan. I had a friend a few years ago who supported them, and I was amazed he'd heard of them cause theyre virtually unknown (in most circles) outside the US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Millionaire

yeah and sort of on topicfooking Brides of Destruction cancelled that Whealans gig too, on the day of the gig. I was getting ready to head to the pub to get in form, and ticket master called me to cancel... I was so mad, I went on the beer for about 3 days!!!

Advertisement