Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom news

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

how about urban centre all get dsl (too long i guess)
    only 24,000 lines in the cities failed
    guess it really is limtied to the country

im still here in a town of 2000 people without broadband...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

As am I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Hacketry

So Eircom are going to offer imaginary WiMax if they can't provide DSL then?

http://www.enn.ie/frontpage/news-9868496.html

How's that gonna work? Magic?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Hacketry wrote:
    The Power of Positive Thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Jesus christ... they have finally reached the stage that BT reached in 2004, if I remember correctly....

What is the decibel limit now? It was at 66 dB which is 5.5 km in eircom speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Hacketry wrote:
    So Eircom are going to offer imaginary WiMax if they can't provide DSL then?

http://www.enn.ie/frontpage/news-9868496.html

from enn
    Eircom is aiming to roll out a new Wi-Max wireless network by the third quarter of 2007, and the company admits that line-of-sight assessments may be premature at the moment, as the Wi-Max masts needed to relay the wireless signals in city centres have not yet been erected.

This is nonsense. eircom have lotsa mast in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Waterford and Galway, they may not have finished installing WiMax on the masts though.

Obviously they can't actually offer it till its working! August is a date mentioned elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Jesus christ... they have finally reached the stage that BT reached in 2004, if I remember correctly....
    Ireland has always been about 3 years behind the UK - although if I remember correctly we were at one stage only 2 years behind them; but then I woke up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Hacketry

watty wrote:
    from enn

This is nonsense. eircom have lotsa mast in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Waterford and Galway, they may not have finished installing WiMax on the masts though.

My uncle has an office in Galway city in a tall building right on the Corrib. A guy from NTR(?) asked him about installing what my uncle remembers as a
    "Why Mast" receiver on the roof.

Could this have been Eircom's wi-max installation? Je suis tres errr.... curious.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

NTR = National Troll Roads = Irish Broadband. Nothing to do with eircom.

Advertisement