Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing the good news and monitor request

Options
  • 16-01-2007 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I won a peice of pretty juicy studio kit in a competition that arrived to day! It's a Benchmark Media DAC-1, a high end digital to analouge converter. I'm tempted to whack it on eBay and but have decided to go with the flow and integrate it into my studio. I'm also about to take delivery of material for new bass traps for treating my room's acoustics so I think my Alesis monitor 1's are going to be the major weak point! Anyone got any recommendations on quality monitors? Even old ones that are out of fashion but still good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

You lucky so and so! Make sure you get decent monitors to match that DAC. I know feck all about high end monitors though, so sorry for the pointless reply ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Congrats. What was the competition out of curiosity (and nosiness)?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Carrigsound

Bear with me, I'm having trouble signing in so, this is just a test post

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Carrigsound

Congratulations on your win, nice piece of kit.

How much do you have to spend on monitors? are you sticking with nearfields
    or going for something bigger? If you're going for something bigger then room
    size becomes an issue. As you are going to improve your acoustics maybe a satellites + sub bass system would be a good way to go? I use B+Ws myself
    and I would highly recommend any of their ranges. The monitor market is a crowded one, lots to choose from.

Good luck

Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

congrats.

hey can we sort out a February colab/remix thing some time soon?

• Advertisement
Advertisement