Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It f******* passed!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Spondulick

Ordered DigiWeb Metro back in Nov, the guy finally came around today to install it. He couldn't get a signal. I was pissed.. logged on to Eircom (n dialup, as i have been for god knows how long) Checked my line And my line check PASSED!! Rang up Eircon to order BB they told me it was a Amber pass or something, but no the less i should get it in 2 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Spondulick wrote:
    Ordered DigiWeb Metro back in Nov, the guy finally came around today to install it. He couldn't get a signal. I was pissed.. logged on to Eircom (n dialup, as i have been for god knows how long) Checked my line And my line check PASSED!! Rang up Eircon to order BB they told me it was a Amber pass or something, but no the less i should get it in 2 weeks!!

Ah isnt it such a rush when you first see that "LINE PASSED" notice? :)

now be warned ..... Eircom have a 1 Gig upload limit which you will hit VERY quickly if your downloading and sharing music files ect. Eircom charge for any excess over 1 Gig uploaded or 10 Gig downloaded!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Ask for the 1Mb connection Rags and see if you have any better luck that way; your Attenuation is no worse then mine so you should be able to support 1Mb at the least, if you had 2Mb working no problem before then I'd ask for the old router that worked OK before and see if your line works with it. Don't give in and go back to dial-up whatever you do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Just an update, we reset the modem and unplugged the digiboxes and all is fine now. Now when I check http://192.168.1.254/ it states
    Speed
    2048/256 (kbps)
    Line Attenuation
    53/30 dB

Not sure why the speed is higher now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Rags wrote:
    The connection stopped working at around 1pm yesterday and hasnt been working since. The dsl light on router is flashing. The engineer now thinks it may have to be downgraded that we were just a border case.

But I dont understand how it could be working perfectly non stop for over 12hours and then just stop working. I think it could be the modem, he gave us one of his that he had in the van until the new one gets sent to us in the post. When he first tested the line he had 2 modems in the van. The first one light was flashing and he said that was a very bad sign. Then it was ok with the other modem. Its all very confusing, have you guys any idea what could be wrong?
    If your line Attenuation is only 53/30dB and you think your only 5km from the exchange, then your flashing light has nothing to do with distance. You really should have been passing months ago especially with a downgraded ISDN line. Are you running a fax or sky box? Because, that could be your problem?

• Advertisement

Rags wrote:
    Just an update, we reset the modem and unplugged the digiboxes and all is fine now. Now when I check http://192.168.1.254/ it states
    Speed
    2048/256 (kbps)
    Line Attenuation
    53/30 dB

Not sure why the speed is higher now.
    I need to learn to type quicker!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Heh:D . Well we were failing the test before we had sky also so I dunno. Just happy I have it now.

Well, after six year of waiting eircom finally switched me on. My line Attenuation is 61/31 dB and my speed is 1.69Mbps down, 112kbps up. Like Rags though, I had to unplug my Sky+ box from the line. It's going to cost 98 euro to get that fixed. Thank god! No more weekly trips to Cork for BB access!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Well Sky boxes and house alarms are well know to cause problems for BB and for failing line tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 niamh o'malley

O.M.G.
    I was just on my weekly potential broadband shopping when I came across this. I'm 3 miles from Gorey, out in the holler, just out of wireless coverage, and just out of 3G coverage too.
    I tested my line again, and now it *might* be suitable :D Not holding my breath, but it's no more an outright fail. Going to order and see what happens anyway. I have the feeling they don't fail anybody anymore to keep people happy for some reason .........
    56K is hard work but it's much harder work when you come back from long term broadband. Now, cross fingers and thanks boards.ie for the info :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

My parents just got BB out in Enniskerry in similar circumstances. The line failed for years until the announcement last month. Got a conditional pass, BT delivered a modem and it is working fine now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 colin74

just got my lie pass today,after my line was installed (switched on) on Monday & I put my order in for a line in October last year.

Now I just need 2 know which packages are available in Castledermot,co.kildare & which company to go with.

:/

Advertisement