Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BOI credit card statement fees

Options
  • 16-01-2007 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I received a pamphlet from bank of ireland last week informing me of their new credit card statement fees from March. I lost the leaflet but I think it was something like e3.80 per statement and e2.50 for each additional page. I cant recall the exact fees but I remember thinking it was a bloody rip off.

Is there any way to cancel the monthly statements? I use their 365 online banking so I have no need for monthly statements especially if they're going to start charging for them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I had 4 different credit cards eg aib,mbna,barclays and boi.I thought boi was the worst in service,credit limit increase etc so i cancelled it.So i think why not cancel it and get some other card like the nw halifax plastic card or zinc from ulster bank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Can you give me a short synopisis re: the bad service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

stepbar wrote:
    Can you give me a short synopisis re: the bad service?
    Compared to the other cards i just felt that i wasnt bein valued even though i was using the card alot approx 5-10k a year.Whereas i was using the same on some of the other cards and they always listened to poblems and also they increased limits no problem whereas BOI was just apain in the back side to deal with in my opinion.It might be good for others but i prefer AIB over any of the other cards i have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

drdre wrote:
    Compared to the other cards i just felt that i wasnt bein valued even though i was using the card alot approx 5-10k a year.Whereas i was using the same on some of the other cards and they always listened to poblems and also they increased limits no problem whereas BOI was just apain in the back side to deal with in my opinion.It might be good for others but i prefer AIB over any of the other cards i have.

Fair enough its a poor reflection on service alright. For some reason AIB have the heads over BOI, although im in the process of getting my credit card switched over to BOI from AIB; but Ive obvious reasons for that (working in the bank and all).

• Advertisement
Advertisement