Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday Storm With Damaging Gusts Expected.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Well I just got home to see there is a small hole in my roof :(

Was a whole bunch of tiles down where my car would have been parked, at least they didnt come off last night and smash car windows and wreck bodywork.

Could fit your arm though the hole, am rather worried that the landlord said they wont be able to get a roofer out until Saturday, they are going to try and block the hole in the morning themselves.

Think I might sleep downstairs tomorrow night!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Between watching the news and reading a few newspapers, very strong winds were forecast for today. I assume it was much stronger up the country than it was down around here. It was windy altright, but it was much more stormy two weeks ago, and at the start of December imho, down around here at least.

Although saying that, there was some smashing waves coming ashore back in Inch Strand (tide was in and all), and back around Dunquin some great waves pounding the rocks. Not a day to be in a boat.

Heck even Dublin port was closed for a while today..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Drove up to Howth summit earlier and talk about windy,and today is a breeze compared to yesterday.A few large branches across one side of the road piled aswell as a couple of signposts felled from yesterdays storm.

Advertisement