Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where is the Nokia n73??

• 16-01-2007 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

3 will have it in January. No info on pricing yet, but it might be more expensive than it is in the UK: it's a free phone at this stage over there, at least with a contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Yeah I've been told by 3 they'll have it next week. Been waiting aaaaaages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

i am also looking forward to this phone, vodafone(customer care) told me it maybe at the end of january(they are still testing software on the phone)but i asked in a vodafone shop and the say MARCH!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

That's hilarious, considering Vodafone tried to sell me a N73 for Christmas! They even sent me a brochure advertising it.

One word: LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

NiSmO wrote:

i work for vodafone and was told yesterday that it is due to be passed on friday(all going to plan).....the hold up was seemingly to do with a delay in getting updated variant from nokia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

passed (whatever testing/inspections etc) on Friday I'm assuming

once i have further information i will post it up

So if the phone passes on friday,When will it be released??

i would guess 2-3 weeks, allowing for stock to be built up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

I was just talking to a sales person on the 3 network. I was asking about the X-series and he said that the N73 will be the only phone available to take advantage of the full range of services .He said it would be released this Monday but had no details on prices .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭dubal

too good! when I see it, i'll believe it

dubal wrote:
    too good! when I see it, i'll believe it
    Yeah i know , i wonder if i ring them again will i get a different date :confused:

I have to wait until vodafone release it cause i can't get any 3 reception in my area....Damn it...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I called into their store today and was told they were getting them in late next week, but they would definatly have them by the following week. 3 themselves will probably have them in stock on Monday, with them being shipped to stores in packs over that week, though I was told they probably would not be allowed to sell them then, 3 will probably contact those of us who have been nagging ringing them and asking about them.

I have been waiting since September 2005 for one of these phones, so the second I find they are for sale, I am ordering it *thanks MasterCard*

Woot! placing my order now.

placed.

all pricing info here now ... http://store.3ireland.ie/

dubal wrote:
    placed.
    all pricing info here now ... http://store.3ireland.ie/
    still no details on the x-series ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

foobar wrote:
    still no details on the x-series ......
    Hi all, just got off phone with 3 customer care/sales. I am on bill pay with 3 and due an upgrade. I am getting the N73 by courier on Mon. The nice chappie said that the x-series would be going live "soon", he could not give a date but said it would be "soon". Some of the software would not be on the phone for skype etc but could be downloaded from planet 3 when x-series goes live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Got a call at about 2:30, the N73 has been in stock and available on their online store since 1pm apparently. Phone has been ordered, and I will have mine on Tuesday *claps*

any news on the n73 on vodafone??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Hey Wirelessdude - any rumour of Vodafone taking on the iPhone in Ireland soon or are we looking at what seems to be common now of at least a year after a phone is released, as in the N80 etc. Guessing we'd be lucky if it was available by xmas 2008 as a bill phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I rang Vodafone customer care about this today and they said it would be the end of February before it was released. :( Has anyone had any problems using a simfree version of this phone on the Vodafone network?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Just got off the phone with a 3 customer service rep and he said an upgrade to the n73 will cost 249 (25 euro bill is what im on) and when i upgrade i can unlock my 6680 at a cost of 27.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I waiting on this phone myself. Vodafone shops were told last week that the N73 will be available by the end of this month. However spoke to someone who works at Vodafone HQ and he told me the official line is its not due out until second quarter of this year with Vodafone but he thinks the pressure is on to get it out there and if enough customers are enquiring as to when its due and other networks have made it available, they usually release the phone ahead of schedule. So keep ringing customer care!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,619 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

iv a k800i the n73 looks interesting

is there any difference between the 2 phones

which is better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

collecting mine today from vodafone shop.... out today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

iv a k800i the n73 looks interesting

is there any difference between the 2 phones

which is better

cant see much difference, though teh k800i has a2dp support