Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone ever complete one of them "free gadget for referrals" websites?

• 16-01-2007 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

hey all,
    im just wondering has anyone ever signed up to and actually completed one of those websites where you sign up and do and offer and refer ppl and then get a free xbox or ipod or whatever.
    I have just seen one that looks good but im just wondering has anyone on here ever completed one and actually received said free item? i have read various blogs and i know that lots of them are scams and stuff but there are some good ones apparently.
    It would be cool to get a free 360 or whatever!
    id just love to know how many people have.

I will also post a poll.

Have you ever completed a referral website and got said product? 10 votes

Yes i got the required referrals and received my free product
    0% 0 votes
    I got all the referrals but i never got my product
    10% 1 vote
    I signed up and forgot about it
    10% 1 vote
    Other - please explain
    80% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Well iv heard a lot about them and PCF did a big story on it a few months ago. They reckon some of them are legit and if you are willing to put in the time you can get the goods. They went through the motions and got a Ipod. I'll try find the issue and get more details on how they did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Ok not a comp/tech issue. Couldn't decide if it was Consumer Issues, Online Buying or AH. Tossed a three sided coin and it landed on AH.

Feel free to move if I got it wrong....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

other-Never

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I always assumed that they were only open to American residents.

If there was a legit one which was open to Irish residents, I'd certainly put the effort into it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Nevah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

rb_ie wrote:
    I always assumed that they were only open to American residents.

If there was a legit one which was open to Irish residents, I'd certainly put the effort into it though.

Well i read it in a UK PCF so im guessing there are setups for uk residents maybe? You could just get a sent to NI address :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Well the one i saw wass http://<snip>/

i saw it being advertised on ebay by an irish member so i thought it was for ireland too. it seems they only ship to uk
    "5. We only ship to the UK, unless stated otherwise. Vouchers are available for our international users. "

I wonder if they would supply vouchers to the value of the goods....

Mod Edit:
    Please do not link to sites that offer free crap.
    They tend to come back here and spam this place.
    Terry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mattycay

Hi, Nice to the proteas on your site. I need to start off on this blog and have no idea what to do. Advice appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

hmmm, are you sure you are posting this in the right place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

irlrobins wrote:
    Ok not a comp/tech issue. Couldn't decide if it was Consumer Issues, Online Buying or AH. Tossed a three sided coin and it landed on AH.

Feel free to move if I got it wrong....

:rolleyes: mods need to do some proper work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Didn't you know that AH is the online bible for n00b bloggers everywhere?

Back on topic, I know a few people on a US forum that got their free ipods for the referral thing, but like any other pyramid scheme (and that's all any of these things are) it inevitably ends up that the large number of people on the bottom of the pile never get their item or even get enough referrals to qualify for it;doesn't stop them spamming in a vain attempt though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

:rolleyes: mods need to do some proper work
    If you have a problem with a thread or post, use the report post function.
    That's what it's there for.

Thread stays. It's been AH'd.

Advertisement