Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stargate, SGA Season 3, Episode 14: Sunday [SPOILERS]

• 16-01-2007 7:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Took its time didn't it?
    been dying for this episode the writers said it was there fav anyway, also the plot sounds interesting.

There is something i don't understand perhaps you could explain it?

I watch sg1 on sky1 and then less than 2 hours later it is "up"
    then when SGA airs in Canada it seems to take them 18 or 19 hours and it takes the americans almost 4 hours (and i do have my timezones right)
    Ive always wondered why the times are so different are the Canadians list lazy and binned since weed is practically legal there and it just takes them hours to get around to it?

Rate This Episode 31 votes

10 - This Is Why I Watch This Show
    0%
    45%
    suttyMr EsteviecixoyUser45701thelordofcheeseDingChavezBernsThe GnomeKojakdelta36Moe Lesterrobby^5Krieg 14 votes
    19%
    Yakuzabalkieb2002Catsmokinpotis_that_soThe_MinisterNiska 6 votes
    16%
    wayne040576slade_xkdouglasdemanOverheal 5 votes
    12%
    JohnKsecret_squirrelsenordingdongPride Fighter 4 votes
    3%
    Pugsley 1 vote
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - A Few More Like This And Ill Stop Watching
    3%
    alastair_doom 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

lol

same thing happens to me it takes a long time for them to post it up.

but for me it takes awhile to get sg1 aswell which is odd as it should'nt take that long as it is on here and should be posted up at least 2 hours later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

if its on tv here first i watch it on TV here but god i hate adds i mean if
    i could sipy pay to download the episode the second it is aired (or even before its aired on tv) i would pay, defiantly

Anyway brilliant episode relay enjoyed it but from about 15 mins from the end i kinda knew he would die especially since he is not in the 4th season.
    does anyone know why he died? wanted to leave? asked for more money?

Anyway this does explain why it was moved from episode 14 to episode 18

Very good episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

yeah was indeed a brillaint episode

great acting from them all aswell.

would have been funny though if it was aired he dies and then the next episode you see him in it.

great episode hate the fact that he is gone though which is a bit*h as he was a great actor aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

:( Real tear jerker. Prob was as close as woulda been to have a irish member / actor as a regular in it. Stupid bomb disposal guy, bet it was an america :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

WTF???!!!

How was that ever ep 14? Did the writers not notice the little flaw in their logic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

One of the better episodes of either show this season and while Im sorry to see such a great character go but it makes for a better story than the way in which Ford and Daniel were dealt with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

It's not exactly ep14 anymore..... I think it was going to be ep14 but then they changed the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Very well put together. Agree it was probably one of the best of either season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Thought this was a fantastic ep. But it really sucks that he is gone. I really liked his character. But still, I think it was done really well and a fitting ending to that character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Wow, I don't think I've ever been more shocked to see someone die in a tv show.

Even after the event I thought they were pulling some kind of dummy but it slowly started to sink in.

Brilliant episode.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The best character episode of the show's three seasons easily. Everyone had their moment, was true to form and likeable. If they could strike this sort of character balance every week, I'd be a lot happier.

The plot itself was simple enough but that was hardly the point. I knew Beckett was leaving, but I thought it was in a fashion that he could return at some point so it was still a bit of a shock.

The writers called it one of their best ever and I think it's fair to let them have that accolade. Excellent stuff.

ixoy wrote:

The writers called it one of their best ever and I think it's fair to let them have that accolade. Excellent stuff.

Ye have to agree there but can you tell me why he left ixoy?

Money? he asked for more ?
    He wanted to try something else?
    They wanted to spice up the show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Guys are you downloading these episodes??

No our cousins record them and send us to them
    thats how i got the first ever episode of enterprise before it aired on sky1 where i watched it since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Best episode this season, probably of the entire season.

Got me thinking though, doctors have a very low survival rate in the Stargate universe, don't they..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

It was by and large well acted, but for an episode where a major charecter dies they could have done better imo. My enjoyment of the episode may have been tainted because I read the 3rd post of this thread thinking it was an old thread (having seen up to 17, forgetting they skipped the 14th).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

nonsense! who would ever peek vid's from a dot com? eejit :rolleyes:

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that while several people died in this episode, only one got a funeral? Kinda tactless, if ya ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Overheal wrote:
    nonsense! who would ever peek vid's from a dot com? eejit :rolleyes:

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that while several people died in this episode, only one got a funeral? Kinda tactless, if ya ask me.

We may just have been shown the end of the funeral ceremonies. No reason not to assume that the other coffins had already gone through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Overheal wrote:

Ah, they were only extras ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

well that sucked... kill the scott why don't you! one of the best characters :(

great episode, some good acting too

its strange though, they killed off the doctor in SG-1 as well didn't they?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

its strange though, they killed off the doctor in SG-1 as well didn't they?
    Yep, in S7's "Heroes". There was some speculation then also as to whether the actor left or was pushed. Still not sure in this case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

1 - A Few More Like This And Ill Stop Watching
    I didnt like this episode. There i said it.

The format was horrendous(sp?). And im never a fan of the eps where everyone is just hanging out having fun for 35 minutes. Oh well. Just me i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I wasn't too thrilled with this episode but at the same time I haven't been keeping up with the news so the ending was a complete shock to me. I'd give it a 7 I suppose just for the sheer "WTF?!?!?!" element.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Easily the best episode of the season. I was amazed at how they killed off Beckett - I thought he would have been kept alive as a recurring character next year.

I was initially aprehensive about the format, it could get a bit too repetitive, but I thought it was handled very well. We also found out some background information about some of the characters (i.e. Sheppard already been married - maybe this came up before, if it did I don't remember it :confused: ) which I thought was good

Sad to Beckett leave - he was great until he was bumped up to a main character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Sparko

I see the faulty Ancient technology strikes again. God, how the Ancients ever built such an advanced city and have it last all these years is beyond me. The majority of their other creations are fatally flawed. I was quite shocked to see Beckett die, I'm sorry to see him go. Brilliant episode overall in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I generally dislike when we're shown something then it doubles back to X hours later. Guess it worked as the way this episode was done though.

Also, regarding Beckett, NOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Tought this was very poor myself.

I mean ffs...exploding tumours. Christ's sake, anything would have been better than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There I said it.
    This isn't supposed to happen, there's ALWAYS something at the last second, an Ancient will appear or something, or it will just be an alternate reality.... No! He was one of my favourite characters! Why? (Possible spoiler for SG1)Even Bratec pulled through in SG1 and he was on top of a bomb! It was a fantastic episode though and I hadn't even heard anything about a death.
    I'll miss the Scottish euphamisms though.

• Advertisement

And since when were McKay and Beckitt anything close to best friends!?!?!?

Well with tapping coming in they need to free up a bit of ego-space :p (and erm....money. Bet she was expensive)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

LOAD OF CRAP.

:'(

Why? Why did they do it...no need to kill of carson, he was great, and now they add in Carter.

I hope there is some sort of ancient soul catcher/cloning machine that can create a new Beckett down the line when ratings fall!! or maybe a time travel episode!

anything! the BASTIDS!

Well the creators mentioned in some interview bringing back Carson was a possibility (albeit remote) checkitout; I left it in the changes to SGA4 concern thread.

robnubis wrote:
    LOAD OF CRAP.

:'(

Why? Why did they do it...no need to kill of carson, he was great, and now they add in Carter.

I hope there is some sort of ancient soul catcher/cloning machine that can create a new Beckett down the line when ratings fall!! or maybe a time travel episode!

anything! the BASTIDS!

I can't believe people are so upset about Beckitt leaving....I think it was for the best. The ran his once great character into the ground with that 'promotion' in season 2 and since then, this type of outcome was inevitable.
    Overheal wrote:
    Well the creators mentioned in some interview bringing back Carson was a possibility
    This is also really annoying. Since the second his fate was announced, everyone, even McGillion himself, jumped up to throw out some line about a possible return and how 'it's sci fi, no-one is truely dead in sci fi'. I think next year we can expect some pathetic return like we got for Fraiser last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

I can't believe people are so upset about Beckitt leaving....I think it was for the best..

Thats nice, you have an opinion.

Carson will be sadly missed.

• Advertisement

.............return for frasier? did I miss something or was this an alternate dimension thing? Those episodes dont count; they all sucked. All of them.

robnubis wrote:
    Thats nice, you have an opinion.

Carson will be sadly missed.

Better he die and be missed then.
    Instead of ruining him further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I mean ffs...exploding tumours. Christ's sake, anything would have been better than that.
    Agreed. Great episode, but that bit was just **** and non-sensical. It didn't even make pseudo-science sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

User45701 wrote:
    Anyway brilliant episode relay enjoyed it but from about 15 mins from the end i kinda knew he would die especially since he is not in the 4th season.
    does anyone know why he died? wanted to leave? asked for more money?

He didn't want to leave. He was basically called into the office and told his character was going to be killed off. He died in order to be replaced with some annoying as frell 'Tits & Ass'.

To be fair to the actess in question, I liked her in Firefly, but Smeller is another kettle of fish entirely. All she did was whine to Dr Weir about not living up to Dead Character's legacy

Overheal wrote:
    Well with tapping coming in they need to free up a bit of ego-space :p (and erm....money. Bet she was expensive)

They fired Torri Higginson to make way for Farter

• Advertisement

Torri Higginson wasn't fired.

Amanda Tapping said Torri's only in four episodes in season four and then Carter's taking over. Amanda said that Torri was let go in order for Carter to take over

She was reduced to a smaller role. It hardly constitutes being fired.

She was reduced to a smaller role. It hardly constitutes being fired.

Thought the most recent episode ment a bump for this topic...

I just watche dsunday and im happy to say it was only my second time watching it. Dont know why i didnt watch it since it aired, its good to save some things for re-watches when your not in a great mood. A episode or movie you really liked...

Anyway robnubis what where you thinking giving this episode a 1 eh? :)

I wanted to remind everryone about the last line where roadney says to becket

"The universe is a big place we might see eachother again"

Very simmilar to the episode where jackson ascends and he tells jack that there paths will cross again.

Wait..... he DID ascend in this episode?

User45701 wrote: »
    Anyway robnubis what where you thinking giving this episode a 1 eh? :)

EXPLODING TUMOURS.
    END OF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

*Note to self - rewatch Sunday*

Overheal wrote: »
    Wait..... he DID ascend in this episode?

?No sorry but i was just putting it forward as a suggestion because of how simmilar the ending was to the sg1 episode where danial ascends 1st time

Advertisement