Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate, SGA Season 3, Episode 14: Sunday [SPOILERS]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,644 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well with tapping coming in they need to free up a bit of ego-space :p (and erm....money. Bet she was expensive)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

LOAD OF CRAP.

:'(

Why? Why did they do it...no need to kill of carson, he was great, and now they add in Carter.

I hope there is some sort of ancient soul catcher/cloning machine that can create a new Beckett down the line when ratings fall!! or maybe a time travel episode!

anything! the BASTIDS!

Well the creators mentioned in some interview bringing back Carson was a possibility (albeit remote) checkitout; I left it in the changes to SGA4 concern thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

robnubis wrote:
    LOAD OF CRAP.

:'(

Why? Why did they do it...no need to kill of carson, he was great, and now they add in Carter.

I hope there is some sort of ancient soul catcher/cloning machine that can create a new Beckett down the line when ratings fall!! or maybe a time travel episode!

anything! the BASTIDS!

I can't believe people are so upset about Beckitt leaving....I think it was for the best. The ran his once great character into the ground with that 'promotion' in season 2 and since then, this type of outcome was inevitable.
    Overheal wrote:
    Well the creators mentioned in some interview bringing back Carson was a possibility
    This is also really annoying. Since the second his fate was announced, everyone, even McGillion himself, jumped up to throw out some line about a possible return and how 'it's sci fi, no-one is truely dead in sci fi'. I think next year we can expect some pathetic return like we got for Fraiser last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

I can't believe people are so upset about Beckitt leaving....I think it was for the best..

Thats nice, you have an opinion.

Carson will be sadly missed.

• Advertisement

.............return for frasier? did I miss something or was this an alternate dimension thing? Those episodes dont count; they all sucked. All of them.

robnubis wrote:
    Thats nice, you have an opinion.

Carson will be sadly missed.

Better he die and be missed then.
    Instead of ruining him further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I mean ffs...exploding tumours. Christ's sake, anything would have been better than that.
    Agreed. Great episode, but that bit was just **** and non-sensical. It didn't even make pseudo-science sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

User45701 wrote:
    Anyway brilliant episode relay enjoyed it but from about 15 mins from the end i kinda knew he would die especially since he is not in the 4th season.
    does anyone know why he died? wanted to leave? asked for more money?

He didn't want to leave. He was basically called into the office and told his character was going to be killed off. He died in order to be replaced with some annoying as frell 'Tits & Ass'.

To be fair to the actess in question, I liked her in Firefly, but Smeller is another kettle of fish entirely. All she did was whine to Dr Weir about not living up to Dead Character's legacy

Overheal wrote:
    Well with tapping coming in they need to free up a bit of ego-space :p (and erm....money. Bet she was expensive)

They fired Torri Higginson to make way for Farter

• Advertisement

Torri Higginson wasn't fired.

Amanda Tapping said Torri's only in four episodes in season four and then Carter's taking over. Amanda said that Torri was let go in order for Carter to take over

She was reduced to a smaller role. It hardly constitutes being fired.

She was reduced to a smaller role. It hardly constitutes being fired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Thought the most recent episode ment a bump for this topic...

I just watche dsunday and im happy to say it was only my second time watching it. Dont know why i didnt watch it since it aired, its good to save some things for re-watches when your not in a great mood. A episode or movie you really liked...

Anyway robnubis what where you thinking giving this episode a 1 eh? :)

I wanted to remind everryone about the last line where roadney says to becket

"The universe is a big place we might see eachother again"

Very simmilar to the episode where jackson ascends and he tells jack that there paths will cross again.

Wait..... he DID ascend in this episode?

User45701 wrote: »
    Anyway robnubis what where you thinking giving this episode a 1 eh? :)

EXPLODING TUMOURS.
    END OF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

*Note to self - rewatch Sunday*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Overheal wrote: »
    Wait..... he DID ascend in this episode?

?No sorry but i was just putting it forward as a suggestion because of how simmilar the ending was to the sg1 episode where danial ascends 1st time

Advertisement