Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Masters?

• 16-01-2007 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

What ever happened to the old Irish Masters? We're constantly told in the media about how the country is awash with money, so how come nobody will sping a few grand to put on a Snooker competition? Or is it a case of RTE not having any room between celebrity shows?

Either way, I am bitter!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

You obviously weren't THAT interested as it's been on every year up until this one and has been a ranking eve since '02. Not on this year as they couldnt find a venue and RTE didn't seem to bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Rawr!

Should 'ave been on this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭patrickc

citywest couldnt stage it at agreed time, so was replaced with china open, however a non ranking great tourament event is on in kilkenny in march

Damn, I need to play a good game of Snooker!!!!!! I miss it....

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

This is actually the second year that it hasnt been on, it wasnt on last year either, the original reason i heard when it first became clear that it wouldnt be held in 2006 was that there was some problem with RTE and time slots, not sure how true this is though...
    It was a good event, but imo it should never have been moved from Goffs, the place is perfect for snooker, not a place in it that you couldn't sit and not see everything, and the seats were more comfortable than them rickidy temorary seating stands that were used in citywest

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Yeh Goffs was a great venue, all the players seemed to love it too. It's actually quite similar to the proposed Billiardrome

Where was this Goffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AngryLoner

This is actually the second year that it hasnt been on, it wasnt on last year either,t

That's what I thought - IN YOUR FACE ZUUTROY! :p

Why WAS it moved from Goffs (kildare, wasn't it?), anyway? And what goes on there now?

AngryLoner wrote:
    That's what I thought - IN YOUR FACE ZUUTROY! :p

OK no need to gloat! Sorry, still living in 2006-land. Since it was on in March we have, to-date still only missed one so maybe I'm (slightly) technically correct!

Yeh Goffs was a great venue, all the players seemed to love it too. It's actually quite similar to the proposed Billiardrome

Jesus thats the worst website I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AngryLoner

So we're both right? I like your thinking, captain!

And I suppose the reason it was moved from Goffs is that CityWest actually sponsored it themselves. For which you have to tolerate crap seating, coz these days ANYBODY who sponsors snooker is my best friend.

Anway - gots to be looking forward to this.....

Eddie Bennett Developments Snooker Trophy’
    SNOOKER GREATS GATHER TO COMPETE IN SIXTEEN-MAN COMPETITION IN KILKENNY.

Stephen Hendry, Ken Doherty, Ronnie O Sullivan, Graham Dott, Mark Williams, Barry Hawkins, Neil Robertson, Matthew Stevens, Joe Swail, Jimmy White, Gerard Greene, Mick Judge, Fergal O Brien, Mark Allen, Joe Delaney and Davy Morris competing at The Ormond Hotel, Kilkenny.

http://www.kilkennytourism.ie/eng/Arts_Festivals/Eddie_Bennett_Developments_Snooker_Trophy/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

zuutroy wrote:

Aye, which might give you a hint as to the likelihood of it. In fairness tho if that's the worst website you've seen you musn't get out much*

*Yes my defination of "getting out" is browsing the net...pathetic, I know but that's my life...now where's the 6 foot rope...

Hey.... sher I spend most my time on the net.... quite sad... yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

zuutroy wrote:
    It's formatted for IE, if you're viewing it in mozilla it's gonna look all messed up. Then again... it's not exactly pretty in IE either :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

I remember them showing the billiardrome concept after the world champ a couple of years ago, i honestly didnt think they were serious about it though, dont think id fancy sitting up in the very back row, seems a bit out of the way, or maybe its just the angle of the pic.
    I do like the ramp of fame idea, id say that it could be kinda cool.

Advertisement