Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any hope of getting 'my posts' option back

Options
  • 16-01-2007 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

I really miss this. I often forget where I've posted and end up missing replies directed at me.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Just subscribe to every thread you post in. It's far easier than looking back through your own posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Aren't you automatically subscribed to threads you post in?

This means that if you click the 'User CP' link at the top left of the screen you can see all threads you have posted in.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

What about 'find all posts by users'?

It can be very helpful in deciding whether a person is trolling or has a genuine query/ argument - especially about immigration and other sensitive topics.
    That was great for letting users know whether to respond to a poster or not, depending on whether the poster is likely to be rational. Just thought I'd ask cos the OP's post reminded me of it.

And yes I appreciate the servers are already under pressure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Both of those features are hooks into the old search.

The old search is still too expensive performance-wise for the current set-up to deal with.

The admins have indicated that they would want to bring it back when a new set-up makes it possible.

The admins have indicated that a new set-up is in the works, and they plan to put it in place ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,906 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, User CP is grand... no need for My Posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I'm not subscribed to any threads in the User CP menu:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

cast_iron wrote:
    You need to set the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to at least 'No Email Notification' in your Options page.

Also, subbed.php is the shiznit. It lists new replies to subscribed threads (like the UserCP) and also new posts in subscribed forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

cast_iron wrote:
    Then go to the Options page in your CP and change the Subscription from "Do not Subscribe" to one of the other subscription options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Sorted. Thanks guys.

Advertisement