Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector user changing to HDTV user

• 16-01-2007 11:07pm
    Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,

Hoping you can help me, after a bit of window shopping I've decided that rather than get a new projector, I'd prefer to go the TV route; projectors are just too much hassle and I don't really have the room available to do a good one justice.

Unfortunately, I'm finding myself a little lost. I've managed to decide that I want a Samsung LCD, my window shopping brought me to Dixons and I was taken aback by the quality of the Samsung displays (and I currently have a 19" Samsung LCD monitor that I'm very happy with).

I would get one of those sets only I don't believe Dixons will give me the best bang for buck; I'd prefer to purchase from Komplett, as they've supplied me with literally all of my computer hardware for the last six years.

I've reached a bit of an impass though; I can't find the models that were on display in Dixons. I can find only variations.
    Fortunately, I was mindful enough to jot down the model numbers from Dixons. I've settled on the notion of a 40" set:

Samsung 40" HD Display - LE40N73BD - €1949

I'm not asking anyone to find this for me cheaper or anything, I'm not quite that lazy :) , I would, however, appreciate if someone in the know could let me know what the different parts of that model number mean, or point me in the right direction.

For instance, for the life of me I can't tell why this is over a thousand euro more than this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Check out avforums.net

I got a samsung before christmas and i found a post on avforums explaining the way the model numbers work.

From what i remember the first bit LE40N is the important bit the rest 73BD is to do with the colour of the case and minor stuff .

I think one of the reasons is to make it easier for the big multiples to do a price promise the more different models there is the harder it is to get them to match prices

Advertisement