Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hope

• 16-01-2007 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

What real hope being Muslam do you have?

Jesus, Gave mankind salvation and a better promise to be in heavin with God and to have all your sins forgiven.

Jesus, Became sin in the likeness of man and was crucified once and for all for all mankind to all who believe.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Muslims believe in Jesus too. We differ with current Christians (we actually have more in common with early Christians churches) in that we see Jesus as a prophet and not the son of god. Islam has strict monotheism in the same way as the Jewish faith do. We also believe in the virgin birth etc.

Instead of being divisive why not see what we have in common and accept that we both believe in the same God (the God of Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad)?

Also, I can't prove that I am right in my faith, either can you. In fact neither can prove God existence, period. Its all about faith. You have yours and I have mine. I hope that you can find you way to God and fully believe regardless of your beliefs if your a good person you will go to heaven. Hence why we call God forgiving and merciful all the time and I am pretty sure Christians say much the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

Brother mymind, Wes is right. We should concentrate more on what is common between us rather than what is different. As Wes has said, we see Jesus (peace be upon him) as an honourable Prophet who was born a miraculous birth from the virgin Mary (peace be upon her) and performed miracles by God's leave.

As Muslims, we are sincerely following what we believe to be the path that God has provided for mankind in providing Prophets starting from Adam all the way through to Abraham, Moses, Jesus and finally Mohamed (peace be upon them all).

Perhaps you can find out some more about Islam for yourself? I invite you to read the following link.
    http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Zone-English-Discover_Islam/DIEZone

I must also say that this forum is not for proselytizing and must issue you a warning not to continue with such posts. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

mymind. Your next post in this forum, or any of the religion/spirituality forums will be a bit less trollish than
    "What real hope being [misspelt name of practitioner of religion] do you have?
    [Religious assumptions contrary to religion in question]"
    or it will be you last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

While the OP comments were breaking the charter will be leaving this thread open as Wes / The_New_Mr were reasonable responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mymind

I do not wish to argue in anyway.

I do have some questions: If you recognize Jesus was born of a virgin than what would be the purpose of that? No other prophet was born from a virgin.

You say if you are good you will go to heaven. There is only 1 that is good that is God. God saw man in need of a remedy for sin.

Jesus was born in the likeness of sinful flesh knowing no sin condemend sin in the flesh once and for all.

Yes I understand quite well that all 3 mainstream religions believe in the same God as they understand. Judism, Islam and Christianity yet all do not agree about Jesus. So what is it about Jesus?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

I think it is pointless trying to prove things to one another, the other will invariably reject it.

As the others have said, we have a lot in common. Why not just accept the parts we differ on? I don't see your questions achieving anything positive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

mymind wrote:
    What real hope being Muslam do you have?
    Who knows with those pesky Muslams? Muslims however appear to have given a response. I'm not one to pimp firefox, but the built in spell checker may be of use in engendering some respect for your views.
    Jesus, Gave mankind salvation and a better promise to be in heavin with God and to have all your sins forgiven.
    Last time I was heavin it was down to the drink. Not really a danger for the Muslim lads and lasses here though.
    Jesus, Became sin in the likeness of man and was crucified once and for all for all mankind to all who believe.
    The important bit here is the "all who believe" bit I would suppose...
    I do not wish to argue in anyway
    In anyway? moving swiftly along......
    the_new_mr wrote:
    I must also say that this forum is not for proselytizing
    In this case I must wholeheartedly agree with the_new_mr(cue mr fainting from shock);).
    Hobbes wrote:
    While the OP comments were breaking the charter will be leaving this thread open as Wes / The_New_Mr were reasonable responses.
    As usual for them. Of course it had to be me coming along that ruined the whole thing.
    I think it is pointless trying to prove things to one another, the other will invariably reject it.

As the others have said, we have a lot in common. Why not just accept the parts we differ on? I don't see your questions achieving anything positive.
    ^^^Exactly what I was trying to say before my flippancy gene kicked in.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

mymind wrote:
    I do not wish to argue in anyway.

I do have some questions: If you recognize Jesus was born of a virgin than what would be the purpose of that? No other prophet was born from a virgin.

You say if you are good you will go to heaven. There is only 1 that is good that is God. God saw man in need of a remedy for sin.

Jesus was born in the likeness of sinful flesh knowing no sin condemend sin in the flesh once and for all.

Yes I understand quite well that all 3 mainstream religions believe in the same God as they understand. Judism, Islam and Christianity yet all do not agree about Jesus. So what is it about Jesus?
    Apologies but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what your question is to be honest. Perhaps you can elaborate?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

the_new_mr wrote:
    Apologies but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what your question is to be honest. Perhaps you can elaborate?
    You had to ask.... :) Too nice for your own good. I blame the parents.....:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement