Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Any one with a Pioneer DVR 540? How did you set it up??!!

• 16-01-2007 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Have concluded that technology and me were never meant to mix (see my earlier cry for help re LCD TV!).

Got my shiny new Pioneer DVR 540 today, but I can't set it up

This is how I have it hooked up to my TV and NTL Digital Box:

- Aerial in to 'cable in' on Digi Box
    - Scart from 'VCR/Aux' on Digi Box to 'AV2 (Input 1/Decoder)' on DVD
    - Scart from 'AV1 (RGB) TV' on DVD to TV
    - RF cable from TV to 'Antenna Out' on DVD
    - RF cable from 'Cable out' on Digi Box to 'Antenna In (Digital)' on DVD

Does that look right?

I have a Philips LCD TV with one EXT in the source menu, that's the only place the DVD Menu and Digital channels are coming through - so I can't have both

I get even more clueless after that. :o The set-up asks me for my postal code, obviously a UK one - but I live in the Republic. I've put in the code for Belfast, should that do?

As for all those techy questions the set-up is asking me......??

And when I put a CD and DVD in to the Pioneer both loaded but neither would play....help??!!

I have about 18,000 more questions but I don't want to over do it

Any one who can help............. hugs and kisses.

Thanks!

PS Can you pay someone to come to your house to do this?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 theslick

Thinking about getting one of these.

Your connecttions look okay.

Is Ireland in the list of countrys to select? Where did you buy it? Can you pick up the freeview signal from the north or wales from an aerial?

For dvd playback, try pressing the DVD/HDD button, ot the DISC NAVIGATOR button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 XYZ123ABC

theslick wrote:
    Thinking about getting one of these.

Your connecttions look okay.

Is Ireland in the list of countrys to select? Where did you buy it? Can you pick up the freeview signal from the north or wales from an aerial?

For dvd playback, try pressing the DVD/HDD button, ot the DISC NAVIGATOR button.

Hi, thanks for replying. When I use the above set-up (plus another short RF cable I forgot to mention, goes from one slot on the DVD to another to receive the digital signal) Ireland doesn't show on the country list - when I fiddled around with the cables I was able to get Ireland but there were still problems with the set up.

I bought it from Richer Sounds (www.richersounds.ie) who are up north, but it's working for other Republic customers so it must be me!

I've sorted out the playback problem, but still stuck with the set up. :(

XYZ123ABC wrote:

I have a Philips LCD TV with one EXT in the source menu, that's the only place the DVD Menu and Digital channels are coming through - so I can't have both

you can't have them both at the same time, but you can only watch one at a time on the same screen anyway.
    XYZ123ABC wrote:

I get even more clueless after that. :o The set-up asks me for my postal code, obviously a UK one - but I live in the Republic. I've put in the code for Belfast, should that do?

I think the code is so the box will know where to find the Electronic Program Guide. But since your not using Freeview and I don't think NTL provide one, I don't think this matters to you.

I don't think the Pioneer is going to be able to decode the digital channels from NTL. Only the digibox can do that.

But I think it should be able to tune the 15 (or so) ntl basic analog channels that come out the rf of the digibox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 XYZ123ABC

Hiya. I'm nearly there, miraculously almost everything is working, really not sure how! Analogue channels and digital tuned in and recording perfectly (this is a beeeeeeeeeeeautiful machine :D ), all I need to figure out now is how to set-up Guideplus :confused: Have followed all the tips (ie put in a Belfast postal code, etc) but not sure where to go from there. If any one from the south has managed this: help!

great - so are you able to switch digital channel on the pioneer without doing anything on the digibox?

• Advertisement
Advertisement