Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seriously annoying problem..anyone help?(BF2142)

Options
  • 16-01-2007 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Right..

it was only last night that everything was great...i was mopping up the scoreboard...(bf2142)

only to find to my dismay today after coming home from work that every time i log onto a server..let it load...i wait for the Kit customisation screen to come up...it stalls for about 20 seconds then punkbusters me out??? WTF? (ive tried this constantly for the last hour on different latency maps)

i never changed any of my setting etc...so i am truely baffled as to why this is happening...anyone experience anything similiar?

any advice/support would be really appreciated :)

cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Well firstly I'm gonna state the obvious, make sure to run that punkbuster updater thing.
    Its possible an update was released overnight and you missed it.

Try that first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

It appears you're not the only ones, The EA 2142 forums are reporting alot of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

right...after much deliberation with my bro (comp-wizard!)

we "may" think its down to our wireless router. Looking in other forums etc there seems to be problems with connections when people don't connect directly to the modem/router.

our router has been acting up lately but i still dont understand why this should be happening..

the last map i tried to get into..showed up all icons , heard voice etc...then the dialogue at the top of the screen said that it was kicking me for having a ping over "86".

the next map after that didnt even get me that far...the screen stayed in the blurry stage(without re-focussing) and then booted me.

Christ i wish E.A would get there act together...pissing off good paying customers...grrr....

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Could be losing packets every now and then, i'm wireless too and get that punkbuster kick every now and then.

yea...we thought it could be something like that..

i just need some sort angle to take this at!...

i manually updated the punkbuster version...even downloaded the automatic installer to see if i had the correct versions etc...all checked out fine..

ive heard people with the same problem as myself, but most of their situations were rectified after the punkbuster update!!

lordy...what to do...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Teddi wrote:
    the last map i tried to get into..showed up all icons , heard voice etc...then the dialogue at the top of the screen said that it was kicking me for having a ping over "86". (

This IMHO has nothing to do with EA nor punkbuster. It was the server you were playing on that kicked you for having a high ping as decided by the admin that runs it, and probably down to the wireless connection.

What exactly is the kick message that you're getting?

Please try to connect to a non-punkbuster server and see if it stays connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Did you happen to download and install Channel 4's new ondemand service recently? It has a process called "kservice.exe"(some sort of p2p software) that uses bandwidth even after the ondemand software has been closed. Caused me a similar grief till I noticed it in zonealarm....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

What internet provider are you with? Have you tried any other games? Is this a bf2 only problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

Ponster wrote:
    This IMHO has nothing to do with EA nor punkbuster. It was the server you were playing on that kicked you for having a high ping as decided by the admin that runs it, and probably down to the wireless connection..

it's unlikely that it's the speed of the connection to the router, I'd be surprised to see that adding any more than 2ms of transit time. and also, I'd reckon the server pings your WAN ip anyway (thus it is the router's responsibility to echo and not), so the wireless connection wouldn't come into it. On the other hand, he could just buy a big long ethernet cable and give it a go.

Being kicked for ping is annoying, but I've never seen anyone kicked for pings under 100ms before.

i now know what the cause of it was....my hardware was a bit buggy..

ive now got it rectified...

thanks for all the advice guys :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement