Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help!

• 16-01-2007 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Well im 16 yrs old and i havnt really had a real girlfriend. Everyone I know has had loads or at least one. Another thing is I have only frenched kisseed one girl but twice. I really liked this girl and she liked me but everytime I was with her I could never really talk about us I just acted like we never kissed, as if it was awkward to say we kissed. I only went out with her a couple of times and everytime I asked her to meet up with me again she was goin on holidays or working. Well I havnt seen her in months and she has a boyfriend now. Long story short I am awkward around girls and I'm afraid it wont be for ages untill I get one. I'm also get very nervous around nice looking girls and it usually takes ages for me to get comfortable around them! I'm a nice looking guy and have never had a real girlfriend and i've seen really ugly people get nice looking girls. Can someone just give me tips how to act around girls i'm usually really quiet around them. Sorry for making this message so long!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Don't worry about it, just relax. Don't go out looking for a girl, don't talk to them with an agenda.

When you're at that age, it's better to concentrate on your interests rather than pursuing the opposite sex. Most of your peers' "girlfriends" are greatly exaggerated accounts of reality, if not outright lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

I'm a nice looking guy and have never had a real girlfriend and i've seen really ugly people get nice looking girls. Can someone just give me tips how to act around girls i'm usually really quiet around them. Sorry for making this message so long!

Maybe stop being so cocky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Find someone that has the same interests as yourself maybe so at least you'll have something to talk about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'you're 16!! Don't worry about it at all...
    Hey, I was 15 before I kissed anyone I totally freaked out at the thought of kissing a guy but I mean you get over it... Personally, I'd much prefer a guy who's quieter... Relax and be yourself, don't try too hard...
    you are only 16 (and I don't mean to sound patronising) but you have loads of time...
    Next, don't have such high standards... "I'm a nice looking guy" Not very appealing... You may think you are all that but others mightn't, so get that thought straight out of your head! 'I've seen really ugly people get nice looking girls' You have the wrong attitde mate...
    How about looking for a girl with a good personality, with similar interests?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Lorax wrote:
    Maybe stop being so cocky?

that doesnt seem cocky to me at all. its not like he said he was hot or great looking. good is just a term used to say pleasant and not ugly. i think the ops confidence is low enough, as is. otherwise he wouldnt be so shy.

op, when i was 16 i would have liked if a guy was sweet, didnt put on a male bravado act and just treated me like a human being instead of a pair of breasts.
    dont start talking to a girl with the intention of gfs ect. it'll just make you clamp up. the problem is right now you see very girl you find attractive as a potential gf. you need to get pass this.

this is very important and helped me get out of the same situation as you when i was younger.----> think about the qualities you would want in a gf and be skepical if any girl you meet that seems attractive, has these. it'll make you see that not just any attractive girl will do and it will mean you treat them as a person first and a potential gf second, after you get to know them. its also less shallow :D

just talk to lots of girls in passing, on the bus, waiting in line whatever.
    be friendly but not creepy friendly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement