Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door to Door People with Canvas Art

Options
  • 16-01-2007 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

Heres the story;

For the last year; about every 8 weeks I get a knock on the door. There is either a young man or young women holding a load of canvas art in a big folder. They say they are not selling anything ;) and introduce themselves as an Art Student and they want my opinion on their work. They start to show you a few of the paintings and say what they are...... I recognise them as famous paintings but don't know the names:(
    I normally make an excuse and politely tell them I am too busy but they keep calling (never the same person but always the same speech and same collection of art). The last told time they called I told them to Fcuk Off and don't call again - no way to say it politely??

Sorry for the rant but has Anybody here every met them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

It's going on all over the country - Fcuk Off is the only way, give the agressive look if needs be

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

this has been going on a few years and in fairness they are not pushy like those eircom and eircom Phonewatch **** who start roaring at you when you open the door. A polite 'not interested' will usually get rid of them no probs .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭apprentice

i had one call to my door. she was so annoying. when she showed me the first picture i asked her how much (just out of curiosity). she said " i dont like to talk about money".... it took ages to get rid of her. but they are not genuine canvas'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭5times

apprentice wrote:
    i had one call to my door. she was so annoying. when she showed me the first picture i asked her how much (just out of curiosity). she said " i dont like to talk about money".... it took ages to get rid of her. but they are not genuine canvas'

So if she didn't like to talk about money , what was she doing there ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

"I'm not selling anything" is the new selling point for people everywhere.

But there was one guy, Spanish dude from the art campus of GMIT who was very up front about the fact that he was selling it. Mammy bought one. Looks good in the sitting room.

• Advertisement
Advertisement