Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Bitstream speed increases

Options
  • 17-01-2007 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Are we not due a speed increase ?

It must be over a year since the last one.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

No. Not going to happen simply because there a large number of lines that would fail at higher speeds then what we are using atm so don't expect any more increases until ADSL2+ is fully rolled out and that might take a long time. I understand peoples frustration with the lack of upgrades but the simple truth is €ircon have 0 reason at all to increase speeds and have good reasons to keep them as they are. We must wait on €ircon's whims.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Screw the speed,give us unlimited download!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Screw the speed,give us unlimited download!
    That is even less likely.

CuLT wrote:
    That is even less likely.

Let me dream! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

In January 06, my package was upgraded, so yes its about time:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

anyone a little disappointed that there wasn't a question mark placed in the thread title.

talk about an anti-climax

Yeah....I held my breath :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

I can't see eircom increasing speeds soon as they cut their prices back in Oct 2006.

If only everyone could get Smart as they are now offering 4Mb (€40) as standard, Upgrade options are 6Mb (€45) and 8Mb (€50) which I've just gone for :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

unlikely to be speed improvement for at least another 12 months so that leaves a 2 year gap between the last speed improvement and the next one.

Advertisement