Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Intel E4300....Interesting article

• 17-01-2007 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Browsing Anandtech and came across THIS article on the upcoming E4300 cpu. Early tests indicate it clocks from stock speed of 1.80ghz to 3.38ghz and outperforms the 6800 in most benchmarks.
    Even better is the proposed price of $163 dropping to $133 in Q2 2007.

May even be enough to tempt me away from AMD :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You forgot to link. So here It is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

It was late and I'd had a long day at work...and that's my excuse :D

Thanks for the assistance :)

Any old excuse :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

http://www.legitreviews.com/news/3051/

Says expected ship date 21 Jan.

Price of $163 is I believe for batches of 1000.
    I can wait 'til it drops though...

Looks like my new system is gonna be 'ChipZilla' based :( .
    Depends on what AMD come up with in the meantime though.
    The performance of the E4300 though is unbelievable and it will be difficult to resist!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

hopeful wrote:
    Browsing Anandtech and came across THIS article on the upcoming E4300 cpu. Early tests indicate it clocks from stock speed of 1.80ghz to 3.38ghz and outperforms the 6800 in most benchmarks.
    Even better is the proposed price of $163 dropping to $133 in Q2 2007.

May even be enough to tempt me away from AMD :D
    guys... 3.38ghz will outperform the 6800 AT STOCK 2.9GHZ everytime. So no suprises there, at all.;)

Also most E4300's i heard about need 1.6v on the vcore to get to 3.2-3.4. And that ain't good at all.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I cant wait! Was saving money to get an E6600, but now I can get a E4400 or a E6420 for around €160 :)

P.s Ive been out of the loop for a while, whats the best Value 2 gig DDR2 kit, they all seem to be way above €200! never thought id spend more money on ram than on my the CPU:eek:

Was looking at this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Guys have you's actually read up about the e4300's. Half the cache and no virtualization (although people who don't use VMs won't care about that)... wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, i'll wait till some cheap quad cores come out, or flaccus has another adverts sale ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

AMD-V >> IntelVT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

conzymaher wrote:
    I cant wait! Was saving money to get an E6600, but now I can get a E4400 or a E6420 for around €160 :)

P.s Ive been out of the loop for a while, whats the best Value 2 gig DDR2 kit, they all seem to be way above €200! never thought id spend more money on ram than on my the CPU:eek:

Ocz 2gb pc2-6400 is better value only £10 more.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-072-OC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

L31mr0d wrote:
    Guys have you's actually read up about the e4300's. Half the cache and no virtualization (although people who don't use VMs won't care about that)... wouldn't touch them with a barge pole

I think you are missing the point...the 6600's were good value as they overclock well. Likewise these 4300's appear to have potential for good performance vs price that is the mantra we tweakers and modders live by :D

Sure...we can all go out and buy 6800's and run them at stock....but it is far more fun to get a chip that is a fraction of the cost and get virtually the same performance.

And here's me...a committed AMD fanatic banging on about Intel chips...I must be unwell :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

hopeful wrote:
    And here's me...a committed AMD fanatic banging on about Intel chips...I must be unwell :eek:

We should be ashamed of ourselves! Getting all excited about this Intel nonsense :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

1.6v - ouch.

Waste of money, if you plan on actually using it. Will cost you a fortune in power.

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Sorry for thread jacking but anti hows the gts going for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

conzymaher wrote:

Was looking at this
    Hey Conzy,
    This seems to be the cheapest DDR2-800, but generally, have a look here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Why not just get an E6300 or E6400 that doesn't need enough volts to melt your board to hit the magic 3 gig mark ? I don't know why anyone would bother with the E6600 anyway, the cache doesnt make much of a difference...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Why not just get an E6300 or E6400 that doesn't need enough volts to melt your board to hit the magic 3 gig mark ? I don't know why anyone would bother with the E6600 anyway, the cache doesnt make much of a difference...
    Demon. I have a E6600 @3.2 and another E6600 on its way. There is an upside of getting a E6600 versus E6300/6400. You'll need higher FSB board to get real nice performance on teh 6300 and also good ram. Less FSB to get same on 6600. This can translate to a cheaper board and possibly cheaper RAM. Also if your lucky, you can really shine with a E6600 and hit >3.8.

But its all a matter of personal taste how you get the clocks you want. Through low multi /high FSB, or vice versa.

I just got a 3.2 Cedar Mill Celly. Got it to 4.0Ghz without a sweat and very little time to play with it yet. Great example of a chip with high multi and starts off at 533MHZ QDR FSB. TYhat means any schitty board should blast it to 4.5Ghz. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

at least this new chip is cheap

sounds like another chip like the 815, dirt cheap and good overclocker.... but will be replaced very soon id say with a better model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Why not just get an E6300 or E6400 that doesn't need enough volts to melt your board to hit the magic 3 gig mark ?

The E4300 has a x9 multi , while the E6300 and E6400 has x7 and x8. Meaning you can get to 3 ghz with a cheap motherboard that only allows smallish fsb increases. So someone on a tight bugest can get this cheap cpu and a cheap motherboard, all they need is a good cpu coooler.

Advertisement