Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

TechnoSonic LCD3251

• 17-01-2007 12:34am

Just got one of these ...but I'm a newbie to HDMI and HD ready stuff...can someone tell me what I can do with these new features?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

Well wrt the HD / HDMI stuff.

Sky offer a HD service which uses the HDMI port on your tv. I don't have it myself but I'm sure someone else does and can advise on price and quality.

You can also get DVD player that have HDMI ports that upscale the picture to 720p, 1080i or in some cases 1080p.

I have an upscaling DVD player and I think its great.

PS3 will have a Blu-Ray player which will take advantage of HD ready-ness.

Or you can also buy a BLu-Ray or HD-DVD player ( if you have about €800 lying around)

Just a sample; write back if you need any further details/queries

Q

thanks for the reply...I see there's a nice Philips DVP5960 in my local Dixon's with HDMI and USB.

I'm curious though would there be a huge difference in quality between the HDMI and my current set up (a Monster Scart cable)? Buying the DVD player and HDMI cable would cost me another €150.

I connected my current DVD player with Scart lead to the LCD TV and was a little disappointed to be honest. If anything the image looks worse on the bigger screen than on my old tv.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Aldi/Lidl had a DVD upscaler with HDMI lead for around €80 during the summer/early autumn, so maybe hold out forking €150 as they generally repeat their offers in cycles
    HDMI is a deffo improvement over RBG Scart, no doubt

Advertisement