Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fountain on South King St

Options
  • 17-01-2007 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

inspired by the Smithfield gas burners thread, has anyone ever seen the ground level fountain that was put into the ground when they pedestrianed South King St a few years back working?

It's located just beside the entrance to major Toms, where South King St meets Mercer st, I saw it working once soon after the renovation of the street was complete but never since, it was actually really nice, anyone got any info on it? prob someone sued the corpo for getting wet shoes and that was the end of that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

I have never seen this, this is a hole in the ground that water shoots out of yes? Are you sure it wan't just a broken pipe!?

Is that corner not on a slight inclination, and could it not be potentially slippy the next day, especially this time of year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

sadly the fountain cant be used because it was built wrong and the water runs off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

can't it be fixed?, it was built wrong, isn't whoever built it responsible for getting it going again? although it's probably long forgotten at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Well i cant answer your first question, but its not forgotten cause it was surveyed during the summer, so live in hope

Advertisement