Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any info on the ERU ?

Options
  • 17-01-2007 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

Hi guys:)

Ok,I know that the Emergency Response Unit isnt a military unit but I dont know where else to put it and Id really like to gain some info on them .

I know that their soon changeing their Uzi's with Hk MP7 but other than that What is the recruitment process involved with them other than being in the gardai for a few years .

Is it true they go back and forth to the states to train with FBI's HRT ?

Well if anyone has anyone more info on this subject ,id love to hear it .

Thanks in advance
    Bob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Ah come on, 63 views and no replies :confused: . Someone must have something to say about them .Does anyone have any other info on them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 DarkMuse

Remmy wrote:
    Ah come on, 63 views and no replies :confused: . Someone must have something to say about them .Does anyone have any other info on them ?

Hope this helps

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Response_Unit_%28ERU%29

answers the question on training anywho:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Wiki is public so whatever is there is free to read.

I think the problem is that you are asking for operational information that is secret. To the absolute credit of the 63 people not a single person divulged any information that isn't in the public domain.

I must say I am really impresssed. Well done all round.

Thread Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement