Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uninstlling U3

Options
  • 17-01-2007 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me how i can uninstall the U3 on my USB key or maybe direct me to a site which will explain how.u3 wont work on the pc's in my college so i need to take it off the key.cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭HemmingSay

http://www.u3.com/uninstall/uninstall.aspx

fill out the form and then they'll let you download an un-installer.

edit: actually, you can just skip the form, and hit continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hmm i've used drives with this U3 thing on it, it's a ****ing pain in the tits tbh.

what i normally do is format the whole thing and merge the partition with a partitioning program.

this U3 in my opinion is a fine example of software that's supposed to make life easy when it really doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭HemmingSay

agreed, pretty useless stuff.

good tip about the re-partitioning, claim back whatever space it takes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

well, funny enough the U3 stick is designed to have the U3 Launchpad with it and to run. why didn't you got a "normal" USB stick?!?!?!?!

Advertisement