Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB - how long does it take to get connected?

Options
  • 17-01-2007 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

Hey there folks, quick question for you. I signed up online for Eircom Home BB Plus there last Saturday and I was just wondering what's the usual length of time roughly before you end up being connected and you get the pack in the post? I think they say something like "allow up to 10 working days" so I was just wondering what other people's experiences have been like with Eircom and how quickly they ended up getting connected and up and running. Do you think there's any chance I might be in business by the end of the week or will it take longer?

As well, I'm also keeping my IOL No Limits flat-rate, dial-up subscription active as a kind of "backup", if you like, for those times when the broadband might be down or out of service or whatever. Are there any problems with using a dial-up modem over a DSL enabled line? Can I just unhook the DSL router from the phone socket and plug in my regular modem phone line when I need to use it and dial-up as usual without any problems?

Thanks for your replies in advance, folks! Cheers! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

I signed up online for the same package on 2nd January. I'm still waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Jesus Ray, you serious? :eek:

And there was me hoping I'd be enjoying the delights of high-speed downloading by the weekend or by the end of next week at the latest! Though, with it being Eircom, I guess I should have known better, eh? :rolleyes:

You've got me worried now. Sounds like I'll be lucky to have it by Easter at that rate then! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I think you are being alarmist - Eircom are reasonably prompt in connecting customers certainly a couple of friends of mine who signed up in the past six months had it within a fortnight. If you ring sales say after a week they will give you an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Thanks for the encouraging reply, dub45. ;):D Hopefully for myself it'll be more of a case of what it was like for your friends rather than what Ray is experiencing right now. I guess I'll just have to wait and see and if by, say, the middle of next week there's no news, I suppose I'll have to ring sales as you suggested dub45 and see what's happening.

I wonder, though, could there be a longer wait than usual around this time of year for new broadband connections? You know, with it being the new year and all, lots of families getting new computers and stuff for Christmas and then deciding they want to get broadband as a result, this then leading to a larger number of orders in January and, therefore, a longer wait for orders to be cleared? Think that's a possibility, perhaps, and also a possible reason why Ray is still waiting? :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If you dont chill a bit you will end up in the personal issues forum seeking stress handling advice!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

8 to 10 working days is the norm for Eircom. If it goes much longer than that you should ring them.

Advertisement