Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

José - Will He Be Around Next Season?

• 17-01-2007 4:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Well, what do you think? If its a Mourinho vs Abramovic issue like the papers say, then I will take Mourinho's side without doubt and say that he will find himself a new club next season. However, Chelsea being Chelsea, theyll come to the one conclusion to specifically piss me off like they always do and kiss and make up with a nice dip into the transfer market next summer. So my answer? Yes - he'll be there.

On another note - how long do you think it will take Abramovic to get bored of his Chelsea side game?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

Mourinho will probably move on as there is too much of a clash of personality there between him and abramovich.

Abramovich was the one to bring in shevchenko not jose. And Jose did not like players being bought for his team without his consent.

If capello doesn't turn around real's season then jose will probably be put up for that job.

Abramovich will be with chelsea for a good while yet, he's put too much money in them to turn back now - roughly about 400mil (200mil to buy club and rest for players, etc...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

As said by a Chelski fan the other day:

"If he wins the European Cup, i think he will be gone in the summer"

I would have to agree with this statement, this would only leave the FA Cup that he has not won with Chelski.........and i don't think he would stick around for that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

I don't particularly like Maureen (Mourinho) as he's known in United forums. He's smug and arrogant but the Prem wouldn't be the same without him. I hope he stays but Abramovich has seriously undermined him by bringing players in behind his back. With Abramovich and that muppet Kenyon looking over his shoulder every minute maybe Maureen should just tell them what to do with there job. He could get any managerial post he wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I think he will be off. Not once has he categorically stated that he will be there next season when asked.

It seems like there is definitely a problem between himself and Abramovich and that Arnesen is now the intermediary for everything. Almost all managers will tell you that the most important relationship for a manager is the one with his chairman (or the guy with the money, Kenyon doesnt count). Once that relationship deteriorates and the sugar daddy starts buying players himself and the manager cant get in the players he wants, then the relationship is dead and the manager can not perform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He'll go I think, once relations with the boss have soured its never going to be easy to achieve very high aims.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

poll should be used here I think.

I think he'll go, cant see him in charge next year. Too much hype and attention at Chelsea even for the likes of him... He has a decent shot at the league and an even better shot at the CL I think, and even if he were to win one of those it wouldnt be enough for him to stay. He'll go regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

I'd say it could boil down to who wins the league. If United do he's gone, if it's Chelsea he might stay on provided he gets guarantees that he is the last word on transfer signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

If he wins his hat-trick of leagues or the Champions League, he'll no doubt be off to Italy or Spain of his own accord. If he doesn't, he'll no doubt be pushed anyway. So the question for me is, will he be sacked, or will he walk?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I think he'll be joining the Rossoneri Summer revolution 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

dont think he will be there next season

• Advertisement
Advertisement