Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sliding Door - off the rails

Options
  • 17-01-2007 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

our front sliding door somehow came loose and fell off the rails.

i am not at home so i havent had a chance to try put it back on yet.

just wondering if its easy enough to slid these back into place ?

do they just slid on ? or how are they held in place ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

green123 wrote:
    our front sliding door somehow came loose and fell off the rails.

i am not at home so i havent had a chance to try put it back on yet.

just wondering if its easy enough to slid these back into place ?

do they just slid on ? or how are they held in place ?
    If it is a porch door the same as mine,:
    There should be a small bracket at the top of the door to stop it lifting off. If the bracket is there, loosen it, or take it off and lift the door back into place. Lift it up into the groove at the top first and then sit it down on the rail. Clean the wheels and the rail first !
    Then fix the top bracket back in place to stop it happening again. It probably happened because of dirt on the rail.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

If the it is not as James suggested it could be the wheels have just left the track. If so at the bottom of the sliding door on the inside profile you should have access to the wheel mechanism. It is likely to be covered up with some plastic profile. Behind this is a slot that will give you access to the wheels. It will be positioned a few inches from the bottom of the door. Using a screw driver you should be able to adjust the level of the door. Reduce the level and place the door back on the track and then increase the level again. You will have to do this on both sides of the door. Hope this is clear.

Advertisement