Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting Wireless to Wired....

• 17-01-2007 10:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭

I am with BT broadband providers and have a zyxel 660RU-T1 modem, the router is a standard wired roouter....

Ive recently purchased a Nintendo Wii and would like to get the internet on it, my friend has one of the bog standard netopia wireless routers he isnt using and says I can have it if I want....

Is it possible for me to be able to plug my BT "wired" router into the Eircom Wireless one and have a "Wireless" connection for my Wii?

Would I maybe have to flash the router or something to remove eircoms software from it internally?

Any help appreciated......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Just replace your wired modem with the wireless one. No need to link them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Grand so,

ill give it a bash,

Cheers Robins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

irlrobins wrote:
    Just replace your wired modem with the wireless one. No need to link them.

*£$%

You always get in there before me. I'm bored in work at the moment. Leave me one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Only getting around to trying this now, added all the connections, uninstalled my old zyxel driver and it wont connect, everything in the eircom router diagnostics screen says its 100% and when I ping any sites it will read perfect, for some reason it just wont open ffox or IE7, like its not finding proxy (wild guess!)

Boo-urns, if any of yee techies can help it be much appreciated :)

So im back to my old wired router for the time being....

Gonna get one of the lads to pop up later aswell, as he had smart bband in his house and was able to get wireless by connecting it to same netopia router (eircom soft) just by pluggin in the ethernet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Obvious questions first:
    Did you configure the wireless router with your own specific login details?
    Do an ipconfig/all from a command prompt. Are the DNS entries ok?
    Try 'nslookup www.boards.ie' from a cmd prompt. Did it resolve an IP address for you?

Check the wireless router config with your wired one and change any that are different on the new one.

Try reseting to factory defaults and reconfigure...

• Advertisement
Advertisement