Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TBC first thoughts?

• 17-01-2007 11:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

I logged in last night at around 6pm and raced to the dark portal like no one could stop me, except probably the 20+ horde attempting to gank everyone going through. Dotted everything that moved then ran through the portal, to which a few of the horde did... and died of my dots beside me as i was running down the ramp! lol.

I found outland a surreal experience, horde and alli in their 20's just standing side by side and questing? horde going afk in contested area's and coming back to an alive char? weird! and the server didnt even crash once!

the bombing run quests were excellent, and i love the felreaver idea, he snuck up on me a few times last night. The quest items are just LOL, i replaced my d1 set mostly from the first few quests!

hows everyone else finding it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

cance wrote:
    hows everyone else finding it?

there's a zillion blue rings at the AH for 50 silver.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

it's been great to run around new zones and explore. It's fun to have that sense of exploring the unknown and trying to figure out what to do.

I logged on around half 7 and the server was fit to burst. after a few restarts it settled down although it was laggy as hell in Hellfire Pennisula. Much better in Zangramarsh where i did some quests. For the most part i did a few 5 man dungeons.

Ramparts was quick and easy. Blood Furnace the same. Slave Pens was certainly a step up and we only killed the first boss as our druid healer was having severe lag and we had to call it quits.

I found outdoor questing to be odd in Hellfire, as people for the most part just stuck to questing and ignored pvp. I finished up the day selling a blue BOE level 63 plate dps belt for 100g that dropped for me form the first mob i killed in zangramarsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

loged in last night to the same ally ganking at the portal , got through though , landscape is pretty cool bombing runs i loved them , did the ramparts on my warrior MT for me guild i had respeced to fury again to level , enjoyed the instance got a lovely polearm , better then my OEB , didnt find the tanking great though couldnt get enough rage and so on was a bit disapointed about that

the green/blue gear is along better then my T1/ZG gear in some cases , didnt get much plate mainly healering gear droped for us in ramparts , all my guild are enjoying it alot though apart from the lag , and the npc russ to kill them for quests , horde are kinda questing beside the ally , but are guild has a rule if it red it dead , we live by it ,

havent loged in me 60 feral druid yet , but talking to a few i know they are loving it , tanking is great for them now , alot of the Warriors are going DPS is druid in group , being a MT in guild i can understand that , but i tanked last night.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got to 61 yesterday as well. Have to say that i'm really enjoying it so far. The new area's (Hellfire and Zangramesh) are great. I've replaced alot of my gear, as i had pretty crap gear to begin with (was never a big fan of instances).

I'm gonna take my time with this though, and enjoy the levelling. And i am NOT gonna use thottbot this time. It far more interesting finding things myself, rather then just alt-tabbing every time i get a new quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

After having been ganked by Game for €39.99 (€34.99 last Saturday) and after I eventually d/l'ed the seemingly unendless patches (you'd think that they would have had it right on the CD's) I logged on and went through the Dark Portal to emerge on the other side in Hellfire Penninsula.

After having reached lvl60 a few months ago I found that unless I was in an instance, I was getting VERY bored with the game and I was delighted to find that I could get XP again.

That said, the area was camped out and a lot of people were standing around wait for Ogres to respawn. One thing I learned quickly was that I have to get Leatherworking 305 before I can even begin to skin the lvl60+ creatures but I haven't a clue where to go to get it, so some help required there.

My kids could'nt wait to roll up new race characters and were delighted when they did.

Overall, we are very happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

While all you guys were wasting your time enjoying the new stuff, some French dude capped.
    http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/17-01-2007-4522.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Simdruid

wardie214 wrote:
    That said, the area was camped out and a lot of people were standing around wait for Ogres to respawn. One thing I learned quickly was that I have to get Leatherworking 305 before I can even begin to skin the lvl60+ creatures but I haven't a clue where to go to get it, so some help required there.

If you're Alliance:
    The skinning trainer is inside the inn (on the ground floor beside the stairs) in Honor Hold, and the leatherworking trainer is outside the inn, down the wall on the left hand side.

Not sure where they are for Horde, sorry.

Also, if you had Finkle's Skinner (drops in UBRS) or the sword from ZG with +skinning, that would help. And there's an enchant for gloves that gives +5 skinning also. Most high level enchanters should have that one - it just needs some green whelp scales (which can be skinned from whelps in the Swamp of Sorrows) and some dust stuff. Makes a big difference on "skinning failed". On beta, I managed to get my skinning up to 375 (max level) before I left the first zone, although there wasn't the same population as there are now on live servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

My warrior dinged 62 today. Absolutely love the "victory rush" talent. Am critting for 1600+ with it(quite nice for a rage free ability ;) ).

Tanking im still finding it hard to hold aggro from most classes tho this might be to do with slight rage shortage (lvl 60 dps pally able to grab aggro from me at lvl 62, im looking forward to new sunder rank tbh) however while dps tanking i usually have 80-100 rage at most times.
    Ramparts is easy except for last boss where healers usually let me die tho generally down boss on first attempt. Blood furnace also quite easy tho nothing there kills me as much as the last boss in ramparts.

I haven't replaced much gear as of yet tho if anything is near the same i change it due to epic gears insane repair costs.

Made 300g odd so far from quests,lvling and ah(no blues as of yet, guildy sold one for 250g). I like the increased spawn rate when an area is camped which seems to work everywhere except for the demon killing quests.
    Only bug i found so far is that the fel cannons seem to target u even when dead and start kicking ur ass, they then continue while u death run and then continue when u spawn again. Major pain in the ass, logging out and in fixed the problem.

Highest on my server is a 65pally tho (s)he's power lvling as i type and prob hasnt slept since launch..

Am having major problems lvling mining tho. Its at like 310 :(

Just finished hellfire peninsula quests so off to new zone soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Logged in as my priest (7/8 prophecy, bwl wand+neck) yesterday and instantly formed a group with 2 guildies and 2 randomers (tank and a noob pally). Tank had done first boss in ramparts, so that was easy, and we replaced the pally with a proper one afterwards. Nobody had done 2nd or last boss, so we pwned the 2nd boss, and wiped 3 times at last boss before finally downing him (tank had 10 fr...).

Logged in tonight, couldnt get a group with my priest but got one with my blued-out warrior and went straight for ramparts again with my guild. Only wiped once at last boss, which was probably due to 2 of us assuming the other 3 knew what was coming up.

Only done some minor questing, but ill need to respec my priest to holy crit dmg or shadow and my warrior to arms before i take it seriously. But overall, I loved the experience of doing an instance where nobody knew what was coming up next. Makes me wish I started playing the game when it came out first

edit -> not 61 on either yet, but almost halfway through on both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dinged 61 this evening (actually back in Azeroth, while on the way through Scholo for paladin epic mount). Very impressed so far. Haven't had any stability problems on my server, thank the good dude! Questing is slow due to my build (41/11/0) but the build gives great survivability so it stays (surviving chain-pulls of 6 lv63 non-elites ftw). I've done Hellfire Ramparts twice, once as main healer and once as off-tank, it's a lot of fun and I got my shiny pala mace from the 2nd boss so I'm happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

last night i was only on for about 2 hours, but i managed to run both the ramparts and the furnace in this time, without one wipe. I burned through over 50,000 rested xp bonus within the first 20 mins of the ramparts.

i LOVE the furnace, all those demons made great pets for my warlock, i was soooo upset when my lvl 63 elite felguard broke its chains and became tapped, i almost shed a tear.... any pet that has "uppercut" as an attack had a special place on my pet bar.

two warlocks made it very annoying without simple communication, the leader shouting "banish one pls" often resulted in the group sitting around for 20 seconds looking at both mobs banished :S

good times :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭WTF_L2P_n00b

TBH - Ramparts and Furnace are 2 distinctly underwhelming instances with no difficulty at all, that any group of 60's in half decent gear could go straight through the portal and clear both well inside 2 hours.

Gonna try the Slave pens tonight once I have a party of 61's. The only thing that would make this tought, I assume, would be the scaling of resists once we get above the 3 level difference, hence 61's I think.

Quests are better then original, at least I don't feel like I can constantly killing the entire kobold race over and over again for a variety of reasons......

Lvl 62 tonight and some new spells, or upranked ones at least....unfortunately I already have rank 12 Fireball so no extra fire powah for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Done ramparts about 4 times spread over priest and warlock. Furnaces twice and got http://thotbott.com/?i=56479 first time, which is my first robe upgrade in about 8 months. (never managed to get t2 chest for 8/8 :(). Ran slave pens tonight as a 61 with 3 other 61 guildies and a 65 mage. Was a little tougher than the Hellfire instances but not much, though it was interesting healing for the second and third bosses being the only healer in the party.

Got http://thotbott.com/?i=57109 off the second boss in slave pens. Who needs a GM hammer? ;)

Advertisement